Carson is in Los Angeles County.
Home to a large Samoan population, the Carson High School football team has a larger defensive line than most NFL teams.
A poorer suburb, there are few sights or tourist destinations in Carson.
The Home Depot Center is home to LA's three top-level professional soccer teams:
- LA Galaxy, Home Depot Center, . One of the charter members of Major League Soccer, the Galaxy is best known as the home of English soccer superstar David Beckham and American star Landon Donovan.
- Chivas USA, Home Depot Center, . Los Angeles' other MLS team, while not as famous or well known as the Galaxy, have recently had somewhat more success. The team name comes from Mexican club C.D. Guadalajara, popularly known as Chivas (Spanish for "goats"); the owner of the Mexican club also owns the majority interest in Chivas USA. Unsurprisingly, the team has a strong Mexican fan base.
- Los Angeles Sol, Home Depot Center, . The city's newest team, the Sol began play in 2009 as one of the seven charter members of Women's Professional Soccer. The Sol feature arguably the world's best women's player, Brazilian superstar Marta.
Ted's Burgers: Corner of Main and 220th
Yellow Basket: 22300 Avalon Blvd.
- Quality Inn South Bay Carson Hotel 888 E Dominquer Street. (310) 715-6688. In the heart of the Southland, easily accessible from the I-405 San Diego Fwy, 710 Long Beach Fwy, 91 Artesia Fwy and 110 Harbor Fwy. Disneyland and Universal Studios are a short ride away
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Carson (DoubleTree Carson Hotel), 2 Civic Plaza, Carson, California, 90745 (From Downtown Los Angeles: 110 Harbor Freeway (South) to 405 Freeway (South) exit Carson Street, turn left onto Carson Street, hotel is on right side.), ☎ 310-830-9200, . checkin: 3 pm; checkout: 12 pm. The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Carson is next to the Carson Conference Center and close to the Home Depot Center Sports and Entertainment Complex.