The west coast of the Peninsula.
The Cape Peninsula is in Western Cape of South Africa, encompassing the Cape Town metro area, Cape Point and the False Bay area.
Cape Town International Airport
Train service is only available between Simon's Town and Cape Town and won`t bring you to the the Cape of Good Hope, so the best option is a car. Another option is one of the tours offered everywhere in Cape Town.
- Take the roads from Cape Town southward, passing Simon's Town and the Boulders to go to the Cape of Good Hope. You will always be on the peninsula, when you are south from Table Mountain.
- The Table Mountain National Park offers visitors some indigenous vegetation and stunning views at Cape Point.
- CABS Car Hire, Cape Town International Airport, ☎ +27 (0)21 386 5500 (email@example.com), . Always open.
- Avis, Cape Town International Airport, ☎ +27 (0)21 934-0330, . Always open.
- Tempest Car Hire, Cape Town International Airport, ☎ +27 (0)21 934-3853 (toll free: 0861 836 7378), . Always open.
- Hertz, Cape Town International Airport, ☎ +27 (0)21 935-3000, . Always open.
- Thrifty, Cape Town International Airport, ☎ +27 (0)21 936 2116, . Always open.
- Penny K`s economical car hire, 24 Van Ryneveld Rd, Devilspeak, ☎ +27 (0)72 736 69 57, .
- Travel Cape Car Hire, 20 Middel Street, Bellville, Cape Town, ☎ +27(0)21-949 7266 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . 08h00 -17h00.
- Classic Car Hire, 33 Bateleur Crescent, Table View, Cape Town, ☎ +27(0 71 596 1320 (email@example.com), . 08h00 -17h00.
Please note that you can't pay for petrol or diesel with a credit card, only with cash or a South African bank issued 'Garage' card.
Hout Bay is a little, scenic harbour.
- Dive the waters of Cape Town on the Atlantic or False Bay coastline of the Peninsula
- Drive the scenic drives along the east and west coast of the Peninsula. Chapman's Peak Drive is one of the most spectacular coastal roads in the world. It begins in Hout Bay on the west coast of the peninsula and ends 9 km later in Noordhoek. The road was closed in 1999 after a series of rockfalls damaged cars and was reopened in September 2004 as a toll road.
- Walk for miles along the beaches of Hout Bay, Noordhoek and Kommetjie on the west coast of the peninsula. The water on this side is very cold, so you'll need a wetsuit if you want to surf.
- Suntan and people-watch on the trendy beaches of Camps Bay, Clifton and Llandudno.
Several cafes and restaurants line the beach in Simon's Town and the other villages of the Cape Peninsula.
Go to Cape Town, visit the Cape Winelands, drive up to the north along the West Coast or to the east onto the Garden Route.