Canyon is a city in the High Plains region of the Texas Panhandle. It is home to the West Texas branch of Texas A&M University, the most prestigious in the region, and is the gateway city to Palo Duro Canyon.
- Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum, 2503 4th Avenue, 806 651 2244. The largest historical museum in the state host a wide range of artifacts covering Panhandle pre-history, American Indian life, the early pioneer era, and cowboy life on the ranches.
- El Patio, 1410 Highway 60, 806 655 4300. Family-owned restaurant with Tex-Mex and Mexican cuisine.
- Pepito's Mexican Restaurant, 408 23rd St., 806 655 4736. Good Tex-Mex food plus chicken fried steaks and hamburgers. Try the beef fajitas.
- Thai Spice Restaurant, 102 23rd St, 806 655 4635.
- Buffalo Inn, 300 23rd St, 806 655 2124. An older hotel, but clean and inexpensive.
- Holiday Inn Express, 2901 4th Ave, 806 655 4445. Better than most locations of the same chain. Clean rooms, microwave, a good complimentary breakfast.