Campbellsville is a city in Taylor County, Kentucky.
Campbellsville is not located near an interstate highway or parkway. The main route through Taylor County is US 68, connecting Lexington and Bowling Green. The best route to take from the north is KY 210 from Hodgenville (and KY 61 from I-65).
Taylor County Airport is located two miles northeast of Campbellsville at 360 Airport Rd. Call (270) 465-7455 or (270) 789-4182 for more information. For commercial jet service, Campbellsville is 75 miles from Louisville International Airport .
- 1823 Jacob Hiestand House, on KY 210, . One of only 12 German stone houses in the state. It features exquisite hand-tooled masonry and period furnishings (free tourist information, $2 guided tour, M-Sa 9AM-5PM, Su 1PM-5PM EST, 789-4343, no elevator).
- Friendship School, off KY 55 behind Taylor County High, (800) 738-4719),  houses a museum that represents a by-gone era of education (July-Dec by appointment)
- 1840 Atkinson-Griffin Log House  served as a Confederate hospital after the Battle of Tebbs Bend, where Confederate General John Hunt Morgan began his 1863 raid into Indiana and Ohio. Today the restored structure has a battle diorama and Kentucky folk architecture exhibit (free, MD-LD daily 8-6, LD-MD M-F 8-4 EST, 465-4463, cabin not handicapped accessible). A driving tour of the battle sites begins at the visitor center. The Atkinson-Griffin House can be viewed at the US Army Corp of Engineers Visitors Center at Green River Lake.
- Green River Cinema 6, 730 Campbellsville By-Pass.
- Skyline Drive-in, 5600 Hodgenville Rd.
Green River Lake
Green River Lake State Park is a recreational paradise in south central Kentucky's cave country. This 8,200-acre, picture-perfect lake provides excellent opportunities for almost any water sport. After a day on the lake, relax in the lakeshore campground, and enjoy a beach just for campers.
- Emerald Isle Resort & Marina, KY 70, KY 372, 465-3412 or (888) 815-2000, .
- Green River Marina, KY 55 South, KY 1061, (800) 465-2512, .
- Green River Canoes, 789-2956 or (800) 413-2266, .
The usual fast food national chains are all available.
- Captain D's Seafood, 1401 E Broadway, 465-3711,.
- Cat Fish Plus, Two locations: 855 Campbellsville Bypass 384-8989 and 1000 New Columbia Rd., 849-2353.
- Creek Side Restaurant, 1837 New Columbia Rd., 465-7777.
- Corner Restaurant, 201 East First St., 789-2134.
- Druther's, 101 North Columbia Ave., 465-3870.
- Fiesta Mexico, 1307 E. Broadway, 789-4671.
- Garcia's Mexican Restaurant, 480 Campbellsville Bypass, 465-0566.
- Godfather's Pizza, 1581 E Broadway, 789-6633.
- Golden China, 1318 E. Broadway ,469-0993.
- Lee's Famous Recipe, E. Broadway 465-3542.
- Long John Silver's, Green River Plaza, 465-2940, .
- Mr. Gatti's Pizza, E. Broadway, 789-2326, .
- Orville's S. Central Ave. 789-9958.
- Papa John's Pizza, East Broadway, Central Plaza, 789-4444, .
- Pasta Connection, 320 Lakeway Shopping Center, 465-6060.
- Phillips Lanes, 164 Bambi St., 465-2960.
- River Oaks, 812 W. Main St., 465-9537.
- Tj Cinnamons, 320 Lakeway Shopping Center, 465-6060.
Taylor County is a dry county. The nearest wet county is Marion to the northeast.
- Green River Lake State Park No reservations accepted. 465-8255.
- Pikes Ridge Campground  (operated by the Corp of Engineers) 465-6488. Take KY 70 east 4 miles, turn right on KY 76, and continue 4.8 miles, turn right on Pikes Ridge Rd and follow directional signs into campground.
- Smith Ridge Campgrounds  (operated by the Corp of Engineers) 789-2743. : Take KY 70 east 1 mile, turn right on KY 372 and continue 3 miles, turn right on County Park Rd. and follow directional signs into the campground
- Best Western, 1400 East Broadway, 465-7001 or (800) 770-0430, . High speed internet, cable TV/w HBO, free local calls, continental breakfast, indoor whirlpool, outdoor pool.
- Holiday Inn Express, 102 Plantation Dr., 465-2727 or (888) 465-2727, .
- Lakeview Motel, 1291 Old Lebanon Rd., 465-8139 or (800) 340-4945.
- Lucky Vista Motel, 1409 S. Columbia Ave., 465-8196 or (800) 649-4692,.
- Super 8 Motel, 100 Albion Way, 789-0808 or (800) 800-8000, .
- Towne Motel, 505 S. Columbia Ave., 469-3543.
The area code is 270. The zip code is 42719.
- Taylor County Tourist Commission, PO Box 4021, 107 W. Broadway, 465-3786 or (800) 738-4719, .
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!