Cambria (population 6000) is in San Luis Obispo County in the Central Coast region of California.
- Nitt Witt Ridge, 881 Hillcrest Drive, ☎ +1 805 927-2690. Call to arrange tour. A house built of rocks, abalone shells, wood, beer cans, tile, car parts and other assorted junk. It is a California Historic Landmark as an example of California folk art. A poor's man Hearst Castle. $10.
- Walk along the board walk that follows the top of the cliffs along Moonstone Beach Drive. It's an easy walk and the views are breathtaking.
- Walk in San Simeon State Park, north of Cambria on the way to San Simeon.
- Robin's restaurant feels like dining in a snuggly bird's nest (hence the name). The food is diverse and delicious, though not inexpensive. For a cheaper, quicker bite, try the Robin's take-out counter.
- Las Cambritas is good Mexican Food.
- Sea Chest, 6216 Moonstone Beach Dr, ☎ 805-927-4514. Opens 5:30PM. This restaurant has great food and is very popular. The line begins forming about 5PM and can by opening time at 5:30PM already have a full seating of people. It serves wonderful fish and looks out on the water. Cash only.
- Cambria Vacation Rental, 4849 Windsor Blvd., ☎ (805) 927-8200, . checkin: 2:30; checkout: 10:30. With private beach access and great ocean views, this two-floor, 3BR home is the perfect escape and 20 minutes from Hearst Castle. $450-550.
- Hearst Castle is ten miles north of Cambria. (See San Simeon article for more information.)