Camagüey is the capital of Camagüey Province and Cuba's third largest city. It has some beautiful old churches, but is not really a tourist stop.
Adelante,  is the local periodical.
- Ignacio Agramonte Airport about 5 miles from the city center. International connections via charter and scheduled service to Havana (90 minutes).
- Camaguey is near the midpoint on the Havana to Santiago train line (about 10 hours from Havana). In addition to the daily overnight train running in both directions, there is also a daytime train running to/from Havana and Santa Clara on alternate days and another daytime train arriving from Santiago de Cuba on Thursdays and Sundays and returning on Mondays and Fridays.
- Viazul provides service to Havana, Sancti Spiritus, Santa Clara, Santiago de Cuba, Trinidad, and Varadero.
- Carretera Central, Cuba's major highway passes through.
- Museo Provincial Ignacio Agramonte
- Iglesia de Nuestra Senora de la Soledad
- Iglesia de Nuestra Senora de la Merced
- Hotel Camaguey, Carretera Central.
- Gran Hotel, Maceo.