| || |
| || |
Revision as of 17:13, 4 May 2009
Calatayud is a city in the province of Zaragoza, in Aragon, Spain.
Calatayud lies just off the main highway between Madrid and Zaragoza.
The nearest airports are Madrid (Barajas) and Zaragoza.
Calatyud is served by regular high speed trains (AVE) from Madrid and Zaragoza.
The city is quite small and it is possible to walk to all parts.
There is a city bus service operated by Aragon Tours, who also offer services to surrounding towns and villages.
RENFE offer a local rail service to towns between Ariza and Zaragoza.
- Mujedar church towers
- Ancient roman city of Bilbilis
- Monasterio de Piedra
There is a small market in Plaza Espana, several supermarkets and a range of other shops.
A wide range of restuarants are available. Amongst the most notable are:
- Hospedería El Pilar, Baltasar Gracián 15, ☎ 976 897020. Aragonese regional cuisine
- Hotel Monasterio Benedictino, Pza. San Benito, ☎ 976 891500. Spanish cuisine
- Mesón de la Dolores, Pza de los Mesones 4, ☎ 976 889055, . Aragonese cuisine
- Hospedería Mesón de La Dolores, Plaza de los Mesones #4, ☎ 976 889 055, . email@example.com