Cabo San Lucas, at the tip of Baja California
Cabo San Lucas (known as Cabo for short) is a city at the far southern end of Baja California Sur, Mexico.
Cabo is a varied destination that captures the essence of Baja Peninsula in its many resorts, championship golf courses, world-class dining and amazing outdoor activities.
For much of its history, Cabo was a sleepy, remote fishing port which was generally accessed either by ship or a three-hour drive from La Paz. In 1977, the airport to the north of San Jose del Cabo was expanded to handle jet aircraft and international flights, thereby launching the transformation of Cabo into one of the most popular resort destinations in Mexico.
During the 1980s and 1990s, Cabo San Lucas grew into a bustling hub for sport fishermen, cruise ships, handicraft vendors, water sport aficionados and nightlife seekers.
Cabo's growth was further accelerated after Hurricane Wilma erased large parts of Cancun's legendary white sand beaches in 2005. During the four years it took to fully rebuild Cancun, many tourists looked at other parts of Mexico for their vacation options, and discovered Cabo.
The Cabo area is now considered the second fastest growing resort destination in all of Mexico. It is particularly busy with visitors during the winter high season, November to February. With some of the best all-around sport fishing in the world and every water sport imaginable, Cabo is the ultimate destination for travelers looking for outdoor adventure.
There are three major areas in "Cabo":
- San Jose del Cabo, the "Old Town", which is nearest to the airport. San Jose has old Mexico charm and some shining new resorts.
- Cabo San Lucas, the "Main Town", which is 20-some miles southwest from the airport at the end of Baja, and the entertainment hub of Cabo. The famous arch, El Arco, is in Cabo San Lucas.
- The Corridor, the highway which connects San Jose and Cabo San Lucas, which is now lined with golf courses, condos and resorts that hug the stunning coastline.
By night, Cabo San Lucas is one of the hottest party towns in North America with a glittering nightlife and a plethora of dining options that make energetic Cabo San Lucas an all-time favorite. Also called Cabo San “Loco” or just plain “Cabo”, the town’s reputation as the wild party center of the Baja Peninsula has brought fame and infamy to its many bars and nightclubs.
Flight is the preferred means of traveling to Cabo. The regional airport, Los Cabos International Airport (IATA: SJD), (624) 146-5111, is located outside of San Jose del Cabo and will take approximately 30-45 minutes to travel to Cabo San Lucas.
For general aviation or private jets, Terminal 2 is used. It has 14 gates: 7-20. Air taxi and air charter companies such as Jetset Charter  fly a variety of private charter aircraft and jets, from charter luxury Gulfstream's down to economical piston twins for small groups and individuals.
Most major American and Mexican airlines serve Los Cabos International Airport, including Aereo Calafia, Aeromexico, Alaska Airlines, Delta, Frontier Airlines, Interjet, Mexicana, and Volaris, as well as the Canadian airlines Transat and WestJet.
If you plan on arriving in Cabo via plane, a transfer van is the cheapest method to get to your hotel if you do not plan on renting a car. A reservation for a transfer can be made before arrival and is significantly cheaper than a taxi. There are vans at the airport charging per person for a ride to the resorts of Cabo which can be paid with or without prior reservation.
There are also transportation companies that provide shared and private transportation in shuttle vans, Chevy Suburbans, Cadillac Escalades and more:
- Discovery Mundo (Official Website), ☎ +521 (998) 214-6538 (toll free: 1 (866) 238-1312), . 24 hrs, 365 days a year. Website
Brown´s Private Services www.brownsprivateservices.com offer private transportation in Suburbans and Vans, specially for airport transfers.
Translobo Private Airport Transportation  Provides private airport transfers in current model SUV's to ensure your comfort in Cabo San Lucas/San Jose del Cabo/La Paz/Todos Santos/East Cape
Transbaja SJD Airport url=http://TransBaja.com Shuttles between the airport and the city.
Amstar  - Deluxe private and shared transfer from the airport.
The other way to reach Cabo is to drive Mexican Highway 1 all the way from Tijuana. Driving Highway 1 is not recommended unless you are fluent in Spanish and experienced in driving in Mexico.
Cabo San Lucas is essentially a tropical desert. Nighttime temperatures at their lowest are in the mid-50s Fahrenheit, while temperatures during summer soar into the 90F quite often. However, rain is rare and humidity is low, except in the late summer (July to September), which is also when Cabo is most vulnerable to hurricanes. The water temperature ranges from 70F in winter to 80F in summer. The surf is very good in Cabo.
Taxis are readily available but are not metered; rates are negotiable and should be negotiated before you get in. Unfortunately, the Cabo taxi drivers' union is quite powerful, with the result that Cabo is notorious for some of the highest taxi rates in Mexico.
There are many car rental agencies in Los Cabos, most of which have names familiar to travelers in the Americas. If you are staying in a villa or plan on many day-trips that are not covered by a resort or timeshare shuttle, then a rental will likely be a more cost-effective option. However, you should rent a car only if you are experienced in Mexican driving and/or are fluent in Spanish.
Filled with natural landmarks and a number of prominent monuments, the city of Cabo San Lucas has plenty of character, particularly around its coastline. From January to March, a must see is the whales, they come to Cabo during this period of time and many boats can take you out to sea to watch them. In early March, they are particularly abundant.
- Land's End— Known for its exceptional views and photo taking opportunities, this area is comprised of a large cluster of rock formations that were carved into fantastic shapes by wind and sea. During low tide, many visitors like to walk here along Playa del Amante (Lover's Beach) because it allows for a better view of an eroded passageway called the Arch of Poseidon. You can also observe Los Frailes, two rock islets that are frequented by sea lions.
- Church of San Lucas (Iglesia de San Lucas). Boasting many original features, this church, almost 300 years old and has been well maintained.
- Cultural Center (Casa de la Cultura). Features a tall mirador tower and is surrounded by beautiful gardens and overlooks all of Cabo.
Scuba Diving & Watersports
Scuba diving Is especially good in Cabo, because you can watch the sandfalls under the water. It is an amazing spectacle provided by nature. If you are looking for something more relaxed perhaps you want to go to Lover's Beach or to one of the multiple romantic restaurants in Cabo.
Cabo is also a good surfing destination, since many of the beaches on the east cape road pick up the southern swells. The beaches are accessible through the coastal road on the way to cabo pulmo. Particularly, shipwrecks beach is a favorite spot during the summer months,.
- Cabo Vacationers Contact, . We will reserve all your daily activities for you: snorkeling, sunset tous, atv´s, horse back riding and luxury services like private yachts and villa rentals with chef services transportation included! email- email@example.com. www.cabovc.com .
- Cabo Submarine, . This is an easy way to see the fish and aquarium world without getting wet. The office is in the marina, and they have special pricing for contacting them directly from the website. The Semi Submersible is 60 feet long and air conditioned.
- Picante Bluewater Sports, Puerto Paraiso Local 39-A Cabo San Lucas, ☎ 011-52-624) 143-2474 (firstname.lastname@example.org). American-owned with English-speaking crews; yachts ranging in size from 24' to 68'. Prices start at US $325 to $3850.
- Cabo Surf Safari, ☎ 1 888 557-3330, . Lessons available courtesy of professional surfing instructors. Surf tours are arranged with hotel pick-up and lunch included.
- JT Watersports, . They offer parasailing, wave runners, kayaks and snorkeling. They also have a sunset cruise that will take you out to explore Lovers Beach or "El Arco". They have new top of the line equipment and they are completely mobile, so they can cater to your needs anywhere in the East Cape area of Baja California Sur. They are on Playa Medano in Cabo San Lucas.
Cabo is known around the world as a top fishing destination. The meeting of the waters of the Pacific ocean and the Sea of Cortez creates a nutrient rich environment where sport fish thrive. Marlin, sailfish, tuna, dorado and wahoo are the most commonly targeted species. Cabo boasts one of the largest sport fishing charter fleets in Mexico. Charters range from pangas, open "semi-dorry" type skiffs, to 60 foot+ luxury sport fishing yachts. Prices for a day of fishing start around $175 for 5 hour panga trips, from $450 for 8 hour trips on 26-30 footers and into the $1,000 to $5,000 per day for boats from 34-60 feet.
- Minerva's Baja Tackle and Charters, ☎ Toll Free from US & Canada - 1 (888) 480-7826 (email@example.com). English speaking crews, boats ranging in size from 31' to 40' with bare boat or all-inclusive rates. Charter prices run from $600US to $900US.
- Checkmate Sportfishing, ☎ From US: (703) 203-1008, . 31' Bertram. Charter rates from $475. English speaking crew.
- Slippery Lizzard Sportfishing, ☎ From US: (770) 573 0334 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Upscale charter boats and sportfishing yachts from 28' - 68'. Full service charters with everything included (licenses, bait, drinks, beer, ice, lunches, tackle and equipment) with rates from 550 USD for a full 8 hr day. English speaking crews and American guides.
- Reggae Jungle Cruise, (email@example.com), . Continental breakfast, snorkeling, lunch and whale watching while cruising along two different reefs that are astoundingly beautiful. Children under 10 go free.
- Jazz and Wine Tour aboard the Tropicat, ☎ +52 624 143-3797 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Sail the Pacific on a large sailing catamaran. Enjoy a breathtaking sunset while listening to the best contemporary jazz music. International bar serves premium wines and hor d'ouvres.
- ATV offroad adventures, ☎ 011 52 (624) 142-5300 (email@example.com). One of the more popular ways to see and explore Cabo. Discover the sights from the seat of an ATV or a mountain bike, on a guided tour through sand dunes, desert, mountain and beach. Half day trip costs US$85 and includes an ATV or mountain bike, rappelling gear, expert tour guide, rappel instructor, energy bars, all beverages and round trip transportation in an air conditioned van.
- Sierra Buggies (Road Runner Tour), Calle Nopal 19 Colonia Magisterial, ☎ 011/52 624 1307623, . 9.00AM and 2.00PM. Buggy rides in the Boca de la sierra mountain range along mountain trails lined with all kinds of cacti and rocky dry river beds that will test your driving skills, and onto to one of the few UNESCO protected biosphere reserves in México and a swim in one of the Sierra's hidden freshwater pools. 230.00 usdlls dbl and 150.00 usdll sgl.
- The Cabo San Lucas Glass Factory, . A really fun place for the entire family to visit. Touring the glass factory, you get to witness a first hand glimpse into the centuries-old art of glass blowing.
With boutiques as easy to come by in Cabo as restaurants, the town is a shoppers' delight.
Cabo's largest and most modern shopping center is Puerto Paraiso Shopping and Entertainment Plaza, which is indoors and air-conditioned. Both Puerto Paraiso and the adjacent Marina Cabo San Lucas offer a variety of shops and goods with an affable ambiance.
Shoppes At Palmilla offer a selection of high-end boutiques. The stores here include day spas, art galleries, fine restaurants, coffee shops, an amazing bakery, homemade crafts, and much more.
- San Jose del Cabo features traditional Mexican speciality stores which offer furniture, hand blown glass, ceramics, artwork, cigars and local souvenirs.
- Die Trying, Plaza Naútica, Loc. # A7, tel 143-5388. For something other than your standard tourist t-shirt, try Die Trying for fun, quirky line of men's, women's and children's t-shirts and casual wear.
- Golden Cactus Gallery, Hidalgo street (corner Zapata, one block from Wyndham Tesoro Hotel), ☎ 143-6399 (celyne@GoldenCactusGallery.com), . M - F: 12 - 7 PM. The Golden Cactus Gallery opened in 1997 as a fine art gallery and artist studio. The gallery showcases hundreds of works of art from artists from Baja, Mexico, USA and Canada. In 2009, the gallery was acquired by long-time resident Marie Celyne Poupart.
For many years, the traditional place for tourists to obtain basic supplies was the pharmacy and supermarket at Plaza Aramburo in the center of town. Since the mid-2000s, Plaza Aramburo has been supplemented by the addition of a Costco and a Walmart Supercenter on the outskirts of town on Highway 1.
- Cabo Beach Weddings (Destination Wedding Planner Specialist), .
- Cabo Beach Weddings (Destination Wedding Coordination Specialist), Sierra Gigante, Cabo Bello, CSL, ☎ 949-444-2509, . At www.CaboBeachWeddings.com we offer wedding planning and event coordination, with a custom style unique to you and your vision. This is a once in a lifetime event, so we want you to treasure every moment and element, from your ceremony entrance to the details on the cake. We also create an amazing experience for your guests, ensuring they have the time of their life! Professionalism and customer service are important to us, from our first phone call to packing up your gifts at the end of the reception. With an eye for detail and an amazing team of vendors, we offer our full devotion and passion in planning the wedding of your dreams! Allow us to take care of the details, so you can enjoy your big day! $700.
- Alexanders Restaurant French Cuisine, On the Cabo San Lucas Marina at the Plaza Bonita Mall, ☎ 011 52 (624) 143-2022, . It's hard to miss this lively restaurant that is always packed and upon dining here, you'll understand why it has maintained its popularlity for so long. With the chef combining French-influenced cuisine of Swiss origin with hints of the tropics and Mediterranean, the menu offers something for just about any palate and craving. Be sure to try the shrimp tempura with a Thai coconut-chile sauce, its taste and freshness will satisfy.
- La Casa del Dorado, ☎ 01 (624) 143-2017, . Charming family run Mexican and seafood restaurant.
- Mariscos Mocambo, Leona Vicario y 20 de Noviembre, ☎ +52 624 143 2122, . 11AM-11PM. Local favorite for fresh seafood served in a no frills decor.
- Peacocks restaurat (grupo Mi Casa), . Peacock's Restaurant it's the best europe restaurant in Cabo, the food is just delicious!
- Brasil Brazilian Steak house, . A buffet style steak house. Good for large groups.
- La Dolce. Italian restaurant and pizzeria serving authentic Italian cuisine in the heart of Cabo. Open for dinner only and contains standard Italian fare. Also located in San Jose del Cabo.
- Amarone. With a variety of Italian apertifs on offer, Amarone offers a traditional Italian vibe, complete with the Italian chef at the helm. All pastas are hand-made as well as bread and all desserts. Expect to spend about 35 USD per person.
- Mi Casa, . Popular Mi Casa is well known for its Mexican dining experience and provides a taste of old Mexico. The atmosphere is friendly and funky and the staff are efficient and quick.
- El Patio. Mexican food located at Presidente Intercontinental in San Jose Cabo.
- El Coral. Mexican and Seafood. Oldest restaurant in Cabo. On the west end of the main street. Good prices and good food.
- La Casa Country. Mexican food. The best fajitas in town. Line dancing show included.
- Mariscos de Mazatlan, (on the right (west), south bound, between the airport and Cabo on the main highway). Very good seafood with good value pricing. It has an open air Palapa at least in part.
- Tacqueria Marissa. Tasty steak tacos and the best condiments to accompany them, including whole roasted jalapenos, caramelized onions, guacamole, and every color and variety of salsa imaginable.
- Nikk San. Some of the freshest sushi in the area. Make sure to sit at the sushi bar and ask the sushi chef what is good that night.
- Brown´s Private Services, ☎ +011-52-624-14-434-19 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Butler and Chef Services bring great dining to you in the privacy and luxury of your vacation villa or condo in Los Cabos, Mexico.
- Poncho's, Hidalgo & Emiliano Zapata (downtown Cabo), ☎ 01152 (624) 143-2891, .
- Nikki Beach, ☎ 01 624 1457800, . Poolside dining featuring international cuisine. Live DJs on weekends.
- No Worrys Bar & Grill, Blvd. Marina, E/V. Guerrero and Madero, ☎ +52 624 143-8575. Located inside the 90 foot lighthouse at Cabo San Lucas Marina, it offers a single VIP table at the top of the lighthouse tower. Well known for their relaxed attitude, sizzling sauces, awesome food, outdoor grill and deck seating. The second floor lava lounge provides private window seating and marina views.
- Mango Deck Beach Club, . If you're looking for a "Spring Break" type atmosphere with bass-thumping music and bikini clad girls dancing on stage for a bucket of beer, then the Mango Deck is your spot. However, be mindful that the drinking age in Mexico is 18 and most of those girls on stage (especially in the summer) are pre-college high schoolers either on spring break or celebrating graduation. Adults may find The Office more appropriate.
- The Office. Located right next door to the Mango Deck, The Office is a more adult setting offering big blue umbrellas to shield you from the sun and an assortment of appetizers to accompany your margarita or Modelo Especial. With tables and chairs right in the sand, the office has become a famous watering hole in Cabo. The Office does NOT allow beach vendors to solicit you at your table.
- Slim's Elbo Room, Just down the street from the Giggling Marlin. Hole in the wall so it's easy to miss. Size does matter at this bar, which claims to be the world's smallest bar with four seats only and standing room for two. Drinks are served straight up as well as beer. Visitors like to tack a dollar to the wall with a stamp that says 'I was here'.
- The Giggling Marlin. Gotta check it out. They hang you upside down by your ankles and you drink a shot. Great lunch and dinner menu. Try the fish tacos and house made salsa!
- El Squid Roe. The best bar in the town. Loud, obnoxious, but thats why it's fun. Very touristy; people of all ages get up on tables and dance. Cocktail waitresses walk around with a whistle in their mouth to get your attention while they sell jello shots. This bar is multi level and plays a variety of music. Very popular bar; if others are not hoppin' this one will be!
- Cabo Wabo. Owned by Sammy Hagar, who performs occasionally, Cabo Wabo is famed for consistently providing patrons with a good time. They play the rock loud, and with attitude, but thankfully the staff are friendly and quick to serve.
- The Zoo. Way too similar to a metro US city club scene. Go somewhere with more character. its pizza
- Poncho's, Hidalgo & Emiliano Zapata (downtown Cabo), ☎ 01152 (624) 143-2891, . Great Mexican/Sea food and the largest collection of Tequilas in the world with over 500 labels.
- Two For The Road (CABO Jazz Spot), Wyndham Hotel ~ Cabo San Lucas (On the Marina Facing M-O Dock), ☎ (624)143-7759 (email@example.com), . 7:00 PM to Midnight. A Live Jazz Night Spot for the over 30 crowd and for those searching for a place to go in Cabo, either before or after dinner to enjoy great cocktails, wine and Jazz Martinis with sophisticated live entertainment and pleasant conversation. Unique ambience and intimate Jazz Night Spot like no other in Cabo San Lucas located on the Marina side of The Wyndham Hotel Monday through Saturday ~~7:00 PM to Midnight Live Music nightly -- 8:00 PM to Midnight, Is located on the walkway behind Solomon’s Landing & D´Right Joint and Lighthouse . Validated one hour free parking in Wyndham Hotel parking lot. $4. to $18. (22° 53' 0 N,109° 54' 0 W)
- Happy Ending Cantina (Rated the Best Bar in Cabo), Marina Blvd 22 (Between Cabo Wabo & Hard Rock), ☎ 624-143-0404, . 10 am - 3 am. Happy Ending is located on the "50 yard line" in the middle of Cabo's action. Cheap drinks. Three bars, stripper poles, beer pong tables, pool tables, dancing, music, satellite TV for sporting events, delicious food all day and all night, cleanest bathrooms in Mexico, handicap access. ATM on the premises. Opens at 10:00 and closes at 3:00 am everyday. Best in Cabo.
- Flavor, Marina Blvd s/n Las Cardenas (In front of Burger King, Between Las Quesadillas and Pink Kitty), ☎ 143.5501, . 11am-12am. International Cuisine with global influence. Beautiful ambience and design. Great venue for dinner with family, friends, or dates. Kids under 10 not recommended. Great Value.
- The Usual Suspects, Main Street across Puerto Paraiso Mall, ☎ 555 102 4500. The Usual Suspects is the only bar with a High Definition 100 inch screen in Cabo,showing every NFL, NHL game, PPV etc, its oval shaped bar invites everybody to meet everybody, friendly and English speaking bartenders, clean bathrooms and a dancefloor under the stars will make your Cabo nights unforgettable; although whatever happens in Cabo never happened!!
- The Office. Its on the beach, right next to the Sandbar and the Mango Deck! Fairly close to the marina.
- UNOMAS, . The best margaritias in Cabo. The drinks are 3:50 each and Beers are 2 bucks. The beers are cold and the company is warm and friendly. This place is hard to find but a great place to hang out. Owned by Fernando and Gina, also the bar tenders, these two ensure the success of the bar by tasting,with their own straw of course, every drink prior to serving them. This ensures that their mix is always right.
- The Sandbar, (Next to the Office). Very nice place to spend a day on the beach drinking cold Pacificos (sold in an ice filled bucket) People are very nice and the service is great.
- Cabo Inn, 20 de Noviembre and Leona Vicario, Cabo San Lucas 23410 - A charming, bohemian and clean hotel with communal kitchen, BBQ, and a small rooftop pool. The management are friendly and helpful, and the guests tend to be as well. It is a few blocks from the beach, marina, and many of the drinking establishments. The two "honeymoon suites" are double the price of the average room here but still a bargain. There are large open air palapas, one of which has a private jacuzzi.
- Seven Crown Hotel, Blvd. Lazaro Cardenas y 16 de Septiembre | Col. Centro - Nestled in between a gas station, a liquor store, and a strip club. Across the street is the hospital. Has four locations. A great deal, its the closest hotel to all the bars, and you can just walk to the Riu Resort and get free drinks every day.
- Casa Piedra, within the Cabo Pulmo Marine Park, tel 661-296-1946. An all native stone house with a palm frond (palapa) roof, located with the Cabo Pulmo Marine Park, directly on a white sand beach. It has 2100 sq ft of living space with an equal amount of outdoor patios.
- El Nido Hacienda Escondida, Road towards Sunset Beach | Blvd. Miguel Angel Herrera & Callejon el Dorado, Cabo San Lucas 23450 - Located on a quiet cul-de-sac, three blocks away from the original town square and five blocks away from the marina. Six spacious decorated rooms, each with its own bathroom, are located around a central courtyard. Full breakfast, jacuzzi, gardens, roof-top sun deck, barbecue facilities, and a spectacular sunrise-sunset vista. There is also a beauty salon on premises.
- Marina Sol, 624 143-3231, email firstname.lastname@example.org. One block from Medano Beach and the Marina and just two blocks from Downtown Cabo. Marina Sol offers one to five bedroom condos with partial ocean, pool &courtyard, and town & sunset views. Family oriented condominium resort.
- RIU Palace Cabo San Lucas, Camino Viejo a San Jose, Cabo San Lucas 23410 - Has impressive architecture and 642 deluxe rooms are set in a spectacular enclave facing one of Los Cabo's famous landmarks. Amenities include mini-bar and liquor dispenser, while some suites boast hydro-massage bathtubs and a jacuzzi on the terrace. This resort includes all-inclusive holidays, with facilities and a full range of sports and leisure alternatives, and on-site dining. The hotel was just certified an AAA Four-diamond hotel. 
- Tesoro Resorts Los Cabos, Marina Lotes 9Y10, Col Centro, Telephone: US/Canada: 1 866 998 3767 or Mexico:1 800 837 6767 . All inclusive Mexico resort hotel. Looks onto the marina, lighthouse or the Sea of Cortés from your balcony. No airport shuttle service. Internet, fitness center, spa, activities desk, large pool, parking, air conditioning. All inclusive packages are offered.
- Capella Pedregal, Camino Del Mar - 1, ☎ 1-800-591-7524, . A luxury Cabo San Lucas resort with villas, restaurants, vacation packages, a spa and space for weddings and meetings. This Los Cabos resort is set on a private beach by downtown Cabo San Lucas.
- Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos Golf & Spa, Carretera Transpeninsular, km 10.3 Col. Cabo del Sol 23410, ☎ +52 (624) 145 6200, . The Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos Golf & Spa offers 249 rooms and suites with private balconies overlooking the hotel's private beach and the Sea of Cortez. Guests enjoy five swimming pools, a modern fitness center, the SOMMA WineSPA, fine cuisine at a variety of on-site restaurants, and the golf course which is ranked #9 on Golf Digest Magazine's list of the "Top 50 Golf Hotels in the World."
- Las Ventanas Al Paraiso, KM 19.5 Carretera Transpeninsular, San Jose del Cabo, ☎ 52-(624)1442800 Res (888)767-3966 (email@example.com, fax: 52-(624)1442801), . This Los Cabos luxury resort offers expansive suites, a world-class spa, meeting and wedding facilities, horseback riding, sailing, surfing, snorkeling, and scuba diving.
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica (Luxury Cabo Hotel and Resort), Cabo Pacifica S/N, ☎ +52-624-142-9696 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . This oceanfront, boutique adults-only resort with cutting-edge, minimalist style sits by itself on a rugged 4-km (2.5-mi) stretch of sand beach on the Pacific side of Cabo.
- Marquis Los Cabos, (In the Corridor between El Dorado and Cabo Real golf courses), ☎ +52-624-144-2000 (email@example.com, fax: +52-624-144-2001), . Ocean view, contemporary Mexican decor. Junior suite, master suite or cabana (casita) with private pool. $500-$1000.
- ME Cabo, Playa El Medano, ☎ (52) 624 1457800, . On the finest stretch of beach in Cabo San Lucas, ME Cabo steps down to the sea, its 150 rooms and suites arranged in a terraced embrace of free-form pools and gardens, Bali beds and sunshine—and a cool hypnotic groove.
- Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa, Carretera Transpeninsular, KM 18.5, Cabo San Lucas, . Open-air hacienda-style architecture offers spacious luxury suites in varying sizes, all with ocean views from your private and furnished terrace. Twice daily maid service, premium stocked mini-bar, and satellite TV. Three pools, two with swim up bars, one snack bar, a full-service spa and fitness center, and five restaurants, plus lounges. Nearby, eight championship golf courses.
- One and Only Palmilla Resort, .5 carretera Transpeninsular SJC - CSL, San José del Cabo, ☎ 624) 146-7000. It's a splurge, but well worth it with exceptional accommodations all with ocean views, and a world class golf course. If it's a bit out of your budget, head there around lunchtime where they serve a fantastic lunch, next to the poolside cabana. The Caesar with a beautiful piece of fish on top is excellent.
- Esperanza Resort Carretera Transpeninsular km 7 Manzana 10, Punta Ballena Cabo San Lucas BCS Mexico 23410 . A luxury Auberge Baja style resort featuring 50 oceanview casitas and six luxury suites with large outdoor terraces and Sea of Cortez views. Luxurious touches include fine linens, plush robes and over-sized bathrooms.
- Melia Cabo Real, Carretera Transpeninsular km 19.5 | Sector 5, Cabo San Lucas . All-inclusive style resort. Contemporary interior, pool, and other luxury amenities. Receives media attention and praise from celebrities.
- Playa del Sol Los Cabos, KM 29, Carr Tranpeninsular Highway . Playa del Sol Los Cabos is on a white sand beach. Exclusive beach club environment.
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort. Carretera Transp. Km. 19.5, Los Cabos. Ph: 52-624-145-6500. [www.hiltonloscabos.com]. Featuring one of the only swimmer-friendly beaches in Los Cabos, this resort was designed to reflect the rich Spanish heritage of Mexico, featuring tiled roofs and a hacienda-style courtyard with a large, elevated cascading pond to exemplify a relaxed ambience.
- Marquis los Cabos, Carr Transpeninsular Km 21.5 (Los Cabos, Baja California Sur), ☎ 52-624-144-2000, . Luxury hotel and resort overlooking the magical Sea of Cortes in Los cabos, featuring oceanfront suites, a soothing spa, exquisite dining, meeting/event facilities, seaside pools.
- Prana del Mar Retreat & Wellness Center, Playas Migriño, Carretera a Todos Santos, KM 105, ☎ (415) 310-2909, . This boutique, eco-resort focuses primarily on yoga retreats, yoga vacations, and spa holidays. 15 rooms and suites, swimming pool and hot tub, delicious cuisine, solar-powered, very serene.
- Villas del Arco All inclusive package includes non-motorized water sport items, like kayaks, snorkeling gear, and boogie boards.
Like Cancun, Cabo is popular with foreign tourists and expatriates because its remoteness and relative isolation from Mexico's main land transportation routes makes it less attractive to the drug cartels. Thus, Cabo has been largely (though not completely) free of the brutal drug-related violence which has ravaged most of Mexico's Pacific resorts like Mazatlan and Acapulco, as well as the border city of Tijuana.
The safest part of Cabo for tourists is the area around the marina; that is, Avenida Lazaro Cardenas, Boulevard Paseo de La Marina, and Paseo de La Marina.
The main beach of Cabo is located near the marina in the bay. On the beach there are some great places to eat and drink including The Office, along with many others most of the places have outdoor tables on the beach. The beach overlooks Lands End. You can also take a ride to Lands End by boat and also Lover's Beach one of the best beaches in the world.
Explore small towns surrounding Cabo: Todos Santos and La Paz are rich with history and make a great excursion. The nearby town of Todos Santos is a perfect side trip from Cabo. Todos Santos is a small community with approximately 4000 people. The town is filled with art and culture. The town is a tribute to the Eagles 'Hotel California', with its old colonial architecture and centuries old monastery one is transported back through time to a land of mystery and adventure. Stop at Elias Calles on your way home and pick a basket of organic strawberries.
La Paz (Mexico) is an old Mexican port with an 'old Baja' feel. It features in John Steinbeck's novel The Pearl based on a Mexican folk tale about the areas most valuable natural resource. Its anthropology museum offers insights into the first inhabitants of the Island 10,000 years ago. You can also see rock paintings dating back to these early settlers.