Bussum is small suburb of Amsterdam. Approximately 30.000 people live in Bussum.
Bussum is easily reached by train: Naarden-Bussum station is 21 minutes from Amsterdam Central, and 23 minutes from Utrecht via Hilversum. The centre of town is about 5-10 minutes walk from the station.
You can cycle from the centre of Amsterdam to the centre of Bussum, at an easy pace, in less than 2 hours. Most of the route has separate cycle lanes.
Bussum is easilly reached by car. The A1 passes all around the town.
Use a bike or walk. A car will do fine too.
The neigbourhood called "Spiegel" is beautiful. Furthermore there are some parks that are worthwhile.
Have a walk on the meadows.
Go to Naarden and see the fort.
On of the best ways to see the country side around Bussum is by bike. A bike tour through 't Gooi is recommended.
- Filmhuis, 't Elcker Theater. This is a cinema that shows only cultural movies.
- Spant - a large theatre that also serves as a congress centre.
- Smugglers - a club and to get in you need to be a member or you need to be introduced. You could give it a try though since it is the only place to really dance.
- See a sports game. There are plenty of sportsclubs that often have good games during the weekend.
- There is a good climbing hall in Bussum.
- Las Brassas, Brinklaan 62. Serves decent Belgian, Dutch and French cuisine at reasonable prices.
- El verano, Herenstraat 8-10, Bussum, ph: 035 6932960. Serves a decent meal for a reasonable price.
- Pepi's Stationsweg 16-22, 1404 AN Bussum, ph: 035 6943724 (email:[email protected] fax: 035-6948470)  Serves good steak
- Archibald Schimmelpenninck, Brinklaan 25, Bussum, ph: 035 6943030 (crossing Generaal de la Reylaan and Brinklaan) A grand cafe with a really nice atmosphere
- Jan Tabak Amersfoortsestraatweg 27, 1401CV Bussum. Luxurious dinner and also a hotel.
Most pubs are around the train station.
- Cafe de Jaargang Stationsweg 6, 1404 AN Bussum, ph: +31 (0)35 - 6933483. Near train station.
- Cafe de Peuk, Stationsweg 8 1404 AN Bussum, ph: +31 (0)35 - 6945666. Popular cafe, near the train station
- De Boemel, Herenstraat 45, 1404 HC Bussum, ph: +31 (0)35 - 6937543. Popular bar south of the centre.
- De Kraan Popular bar south of the centre.
- In The Mood Popular with non-youth. In the city center.
- Murphy's Adventure Pub Generaal de la Reijlaan 49, 1404 BP Bussum, ph: '+31 (0)35 - 6921415. Irish pub
- Cafe 't Raedthuys, Landstraat 78 (Eastside of Centre, next to Townhall), ☎ +31 35 6913983, .
- Jan Tabak, Amersfoortsestraatweg 27, 1401CV Bussum.
- Hotel Bastion (near Station Bussum-Zuid) Struikheiweg 3, 1406 TK Bussum, ph: +31 (0)35-6920558 (fax: +31 (0)35-6920582)  Rooms from €78 pppn.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!