Burbank  is a small city located in the San Fernando Valley of Southern California. It is known as the "Media Capital of the World" and is home to the headquarters of Warner Brothers, NBC Universal, and Disney.
Although commonly thought to be named for notable agricultural researcher Luther Burbank, the city is actually named after its founder David Burbank, a dentist and entrepreneur.
Burbank has its own airport, Bob Hope Airport (BUR) . Air taxi and air charter companies such as Great Circle Aviation  fly into Bob Hope Airport for small groups and individuals.
Burbank has a low-cost bus system, Burbank Bus, with multiple routes throughout the city. As of June 2007, fares are at $1. Transfers from the Los Angeles-wide MTA bus and rail system are accepted.
A train station served by Metrolink is located across from the Burbank Media Center on the other side of the 5 freeway. Pedestrian access is via Olive Avenue bridge across the freeway and rail tracks. A second station is located next to Bob Hope Airport.
- Television Show Tapings. TV audiences are needed for tapings of all manner of televion productions. tvtickets.com is the official site for obtaining tickets to tapings, and offers tickets 30 days prior to the date of the taping. Tickets are free of charge.
- Pickwick Gardens . Very attractive place, but don't forget to visit the ice rink and the bowling alley.
- Warner Brothers VIP Studio Tour, 3400 Riverside Dr., (818) 972-8687, . Tours of the Warner Brothers studio lot are offered Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM until 4:00 PM, with extended hours in the summer. Tours are conducted in twelve-person carts that visit the backlot sets, soundstages, production facilities, and the Warner Brothers museum. Reservations are offered for the first three tours each day and for the following day's tours, otherwise tours are on a first-come, first-served basis. $39 per person for the two hour and fifteen minute long standard tour, with a five hour deluxe tour offered for $125 per person.
- NBC Studios, 3000 West Alameda Ave, 818-840-3537. They shoot "The Tonight Show" here, as well as a number of other TV shows. NBC has a tour-- $7.50 per person, so kind of a bargain.
- Burbank Media Center, (aka "beautiful downtown Burbank" as heard on the 60s show "Laugh In") - shops, movie theaters, eateries, etc. all on San Fernando by the mall. Take the 5 and get off on the "Olive" exit. That should put you in the thick of things.
- Dark Delicacies, 4213 West Burbank Boulevard, Burbank, California, 91505, ☎ 1-888-DARK-DEL, . Mondays - Closed, Tuesday-Friday: 10 A.M. - 7 P.M., SATURDAY & SUNDAY: 11 A.M. - 6 P.M.. The U.S.'s only all-horror bookstore. The owners are very friendly and anything horror-related will be here. Weekly signings (especially on Saturdays). A must-see.
The Oldest Remaining Bob's
- Bob's Big Boy - 4211 W Riverside Dr, (818) 843-9334 - The oldest remaining Bob's, built in the 1950s. A national landmark, this diner is located a short distance from the Warner Brothers Studio main gate, and celebrity sightings are common. Drew Carey in particular is seen frequently eating burgers here.
- The Blue Room, 916 S San Fernando Blvd (323) 849-2779 - a kitchy bar where the locals hang out. Everything is colored blue, and the drinks are cheap. Featured in a bunch of movies.
- The Park Bar & Grill, 2007 W. Burbank Blvd (818) 557-6561 - A must-visit bar for Eastside LA Packer fans! A dive/sports bar with pool tables and TVs. Serves bar food and breakfast (during football season). Gets crowded for big Packer games and Monday night football.
- Best Western Media Center Inn & Suites, 3910 W Riverside Drive, (818) 842-1900, Fax: (818) 842-1990, . Rates from $120 to $275+ per night.
- Courtyard Los Angeles Burbank Airport, 2100 Empire Avenue, (818) 843-5500, Fax: (818) 843-2700, .
- The Graciela Burbank, 322 North Pass Avenue, Ph: (818) 842-8887, Reservations: (888) 956-1900, Fax: (818) 260-8999, . An upscale hotel located near NBC and Warner Brothers studios and catering to business travelers. Rates from $160 to $275+ per night.
- Holiday Inn, 150 E. Angeleno, (818) 841-4770, . Located in downtown Burbank close to shopping and restaurants.
- Quality Inn Burbank, 2255 N. Buena Vista St., Ph: (818) 848-1680, Fax: (818) 848-4024, . Located only a half mile from the airport, this hotel is a bit run-down but is near the freeway and within driving distance of all major sites. Rates from $82 to $120 per night.
- 'Safari Inn, 11911 W. Olive Ave Ph. 818-845-8586. Small 50s or 60s-style hotel with palm trees and kind of a hip kitch. If you saw Quentin Tarantino's movie "True Romance", you'll recognize it.
- 'Ramada Inn - Burbank Airport,  2900 N. San Fernando Blvd Ph. 818-843-5955. 1.5 miles from the Burbank Airport. Close to Burbank Media Center and all major freeways.
- Burbank Airport Marriott Hotel & Convention Center, 2500 Hollywood Way, ☎ 818-843-6000, . checkin: 3:00pm; checkout: 12:00pm. 488 guest rooms.
- Burbank Downtown Residence Inn, 321 South First Street, ☎ 8182608787, . Minutes away from Bob Hope Airport. 166 guest suites, with full size kitchens, separate living and sleeping areas, free in-room wireless high speed internet and iPod docking stations.