Brownsville is a city in Cameron County, Texas, United States. Brownsville is the 15th largest city in the state of Texas and the 129th largest in the US. The population was 139,722 at the 2000 census. Brownsville is the southernmost city in Texas.
Brownsville is the principal city of the Brownsville–Harlingen Metropolitan Statistical Area, which is part of the larger Brownsville–Harlingen–Raymondville Combbined Statistical Area.
Brownsville is served by Brownsville/South Padre Island Airport (IATA: BRO). 
Brownsville has a humid subtropical climate. Despite being at the same latitude as Miami, a semi-tropical city, the wintertime lows are much cooler than Miami's due to being surrounded by a land mass. Cold snaps are more often to hit Brownsville than they are to hit South Florida. Most of the year, however, sees very hot and humid weather. The ocean waters off of Brownsville are typically around 57F in the wintertime, and 90F in the summertime.
Brownsville has long-haul coach service via Greyhound, and regional service via Valley Transit Company.
- US Highway 77/83 - a co-signed road that goes to Harlingen, where it splits into US 77 toward Houston and US 83 toward Laredo.
- US Highway 281 - to Hidalgo County and then San Antonio.
- Mexico's Federal Highway 180 is easily accessible across the Veterans International Bridge into Matamoros, Tamps., and leads to Tampico and eventually to Cancun.
Brownsville Urban System  operates Monday through Saturday, 5:50AM to 8:26PM (except on major holidays).
- Sabal Palm Audubon Center
- Gorgas Science Foundation
- Brownsville Historical Association BHS 
- Brownsville Museum of Fine Arts
- Children's Museum of Brownsville 
- Confederate Air Force-Rgv 
- Historic Brownsville Museum
- Palo Alto Battlefield National Historic Park
- The Camille Lightner Play 
- Jacob Brown Auditorium 
- The Arts Center 
- Charro Days Fiesta  This usually occurs the last week of February.
- CineSol Film Festival
- Sombrero Festival, . Created to enhance the spirit of Charro Days, this festival usually occurs the last week of February.
- Brownsville Latin Jazz Festival
- Fourth of July Parade
- Winter Break Parade
- Fort Brown Memorial Gulf Course
- Brownsville Gold Course
- University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College UTB/TSC 
- South Texas Vocational Technical Institute 
- BookBee 
- Barnes & Noble University Bookstore
- Rouge Comics
Typically 15 percent is an acceptable tipping amount.
- Galleria Restaurant, 3777 North Expressway, +1 956 547-1500
Bars, Pubs and Billiard Parlors
- Shenanigan's Irish Pub & Grill
- Stickman's Bar & Grill
- Hurricanes 
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Rack Daddy's
- Billiard Room
- Phillies Americana
- The Bar, located next to the old Hooters. The Best Bar in town.
- U-Mix Coffee & Juice Bar
- 802 Café
- Latus Café 
- Kactus Café
- New Courthouse Coffee Shop
- Fina's Coffee Shop
- International Coffee Shop
- Rio Java Gourmet Coffee & Tea
- Tunnel Café
- Karma Night Club 
- Vertigo 
- Club 151
- Wink's Saloon, Grill & Roping Arena 
Gay & Lesbian
- Valentinos Night Club 
- Motel 6, 2255 North Expressway, ☎ +1 956 546-4699 (fax: +1 956 546-8982), .
- Palace Inn Motel East, 7364 South Padre Island Hwy, ☎ +1 956 832-0202.
- Best Western Rose Garden Inn, 845 N Expressway 77/83, ☎ +1 956 546-5501 (fax: +1 956 546-6474), .
- Courtyard Brownsville, 3955 North Expressway 77/83, ☎ +1 956 350-4600 (fax: +1 956 350-4678), .
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 1985 North Expressway 83, ☎ +1 956 550-0666, .
- Residence Inn Brownsville, 3975 N Expressway 83, ☎ +1 956 350-8100 (toll free: +1 888 267-8927, fax: +1 956 350-8101), .
- Staybridge Suites, 2900 Pablo Kisel Blvd, ☎ +1 956 504-9500, .
- Village at Fort Brown 
In case of an emergency dial 911.
- Mexico, 724 E Elizabeth & 7th Sts, ☎ +1 956 542-4431 (fax: +1 956 542-7267), .