Bowling Green  is a town in Northwest Ohio, best known for its eponymous state university.
Since Bowling Green is on I-75 Toledo is an easy 30 minute drive north of Bowling Green.
Cyclists can take the Slippery elm trail south to North Baltimore. The trail is asphalt and features several rest stops and water fountains.
Downtown Bowling Green is small and therefore easy to walk around in. As with any college town, free parking can be difficult to find, so be sure to check signs for day and hour restrictions.
The University has both on-campus and off-campus shuttle bus routes. A map of those routes can be found at http://www.bgsu.edu/downloads/finance/file61761.pdf
- National Tractor Pulling Championships, Wood County Fairgrounds, 13800 West Poe Road, Bowling Green, OH. 419-354-1434 Annual Event - August 17-19, 2007 
Tractor Pulls at Bowling Green, OH
- Black Swamp Arts Festival, Main Street, ☎ (419) 354-2723, . Fri 5pm-midnight; Sat 10am-midnight; Sun 11am-5pm. Bowling Green's local artists come and share their work with the community to help celebrate the arts. Fine arts and crafts throughout the Downtown area. Children's activities, live music, demonstrations, and various art events all weekend. Free.
- Ben Franklin Crafts Store, 154 S. Main St., ☎ 800-439-7719. A local craft store that also offers toys, candy and party supplies among a variety of other things.
Bowling Green's downtown area has a small town atmosphere with plenty of dining establishments to choose from, including sports bars (and other "bar" food), pizza, Italian, and family dining.
- Call of the Canyon, 109 N. Main St., ☎ 419-353-2255. M-Th 11:30am-8:30 pm; Fri 11:30 am-9pm; Sat 11:30am-3:30pm. A local delicatessen with a variety of sandwiches and a friendly atmosphere
- The Cookie Jar, 130 E. Court St., ☎ 419-354-8780. Wed 10am-10pm; Thurs 10am-10pm; Fri 10am-10pm; Sat Noon-10pm; Sun Noon-10pm. Little bakery with a variety of cookie recipes, including a special cookie of the day. Pick up or free delivery (though tipping for delivery is customary). Order early, as the shop is popular and specialties run out quickly on weekends.
- Kermit's, 307 S. Main St., ☎ 419-354-1388. M-F 6am-7pm; Sat & Sun 7am-3pm. Local mom & pop place with good food and generous portions at reasonable prices.
- Nellie's Bagel & Deli, 127 S. Main St., ☎ 419-352-9900. M-W 11am-10pm; Th 11am-11pm; Fri/Sat 8am-11pm; Sun 11am-10pm. Local deli where you create your own sandwich. It also has a great selection of ice cream flavors and toppings.
- Naslada Bistro, 182 S. Main St., ☎ 419-373-6050, . M-Th 11am-10pm, Fri/Sat 11am-11pm. At Naslada Bistro we take pride in using only the freshest ingredients to prepare authentic European and American cuisine, and to promote excellent, healthy meal choices. Homemade meals with no preservatives and unique signature soups are our delicatessen specialty.
- Grounds for Thought, 174 S. Main St., ☎ 419-354-3266. 6:00am-midnight. A relaxing, local coffee shop plus book store. Also has sandwiches and desserts.
Toledo is an easy 30 minute drive north of Bowling Green.
|Routes through Bowling Green