| || |
| || |
Revision as of 18:16, 3 October 2013
Bowling Green  is a town in Northwest Ohio, best known for its eponymous state university.
"Take a Themed Tour"
Stop into the Visitor Center, for a free self-guided themed tour.
Choose from 10 options including: Green & Garden, Dark Tour of Haunted Places, Family Fun,
Indulge, History & Architecture, Wedding Guide, Treat Yourself, Art, Go Sports, and
Family Tree genealogy tour. All tours can be expanded into guided group tours with meals,
docents, take-away activities and fun.
- Bowling Green Visitor Center, 2151 Alumni Drive ("[http://goo.gl/maps/CqWEk]""), ☎ +1 419 372-2336 (toll free: +1 800 866-0046, email@example.com, fax: 419 575 9691), . Mon-Fri 9-5, Sat 8-12pm. Information about BGSU , maps and visitor parking as well as Bowling Green city and community information,discounts on retail and dining in the historic downtown district, travel and overnight packages and a variety of self-guided and guided tour options.
Detroit Metro Airport DTW 
Toledo Express Airport TOL 
Wood County Regional Airport 
Since Bowling Green is at exit 181 on I-75 it is a quick 30-minute drive south from Toledo a 2 hour drive north from Dayton and 1 hour drive south from Detroit.
Regional car services include: a city subsidized taxi service with low rates, B.G. Transit  as well as Reliable Taxi  Supercab, BG Airport Shuttle and Bill's Limousine.
The Slippery Elm Trail  goes 13 miles south to North Baltimore. The trail is asphalt and features several rest stops and water fountains.
Cyclists can get around through most of the city, the BGSU campus and the city parks 
Downtown Bowling Green is a historic district that is charming and easy to walk around. Parking is available along both sides of the street and directly behind the Main Street buildings.
The University provides a free shuttle bus service for students and community members with both on-campus and off-campus shuttle bus routes. A map of those routes can be found at Parking Services 
Live tracking of the shuttles at bgsu.transloc.com 
- BG Wind Farm, .
- City Park, waterpark and Golf Course .
- Simpson Sensory and Children's Garden Park, 
- Stone Ridge Golf Club, .
- Forest Creason Golf Course, .
- Gish Film Theatre & Gallery, .
- Snook's Dream Cars Classic Car Museum, .
- Wood County Historical Center & Museum, .
- Little Red Schoolhouse, .
- National Construction Equipment Museum, .
- Wolf Center for the Performing Arts,.
- BGSU Planetarium,.
- Wintergarden Nature Preserve,.
- Wood County Historical Center and Museum, 13660 County Home Road, ☎ 419-352-0967, . Tuesday-Friday: 9:30AM- 4:30PM; Saturday and Sunday 1PM- 4PM. The Wood County Historical Center and Museum is the original site of the Wood County Infirmary. The Infirmary opened its doors in 1869 and closed in 1971. This site reopened its doors as the Museum in 1975. The Museum is the home to over 30 exhibits, and offers a variety of educational experiences as well as information on the uses of the original site and history of Wood County and Northwest Ohio.
- Snook's Dream Cars, 13920 County Home Road, Bowling Green, OH, ☎ 419-353-8338, . Monday - Friday: 9 am- 4 pm; Saturday and Sunday by appointment. Classic Car Museum features a recreated 1940's era Texaco Gas Station with authentic antique signage, a showroom of extensive automobile memorabilia, coin operated antique machines and classic cars that are all in excellent working order and are even driven on a regular basis. Within the museum painted murals and background scenes recreate the looks of a 1930's General Store to a racetrack from the 1960's. The Car collection features models from the 1930's to the 1960's. The facility also houses a complete four-bay shop for maintaining collector cars and a special area for events. adults $6, seniors $5, children $4.
- National Tractor Pulling Championships, 419-354-1434,. Wood County Fairgrounds, 13800 West Poe Road, Bowling Green, OH. Annual Event held the third weekend in August.
Tractor Pulls at Bowling Green, OH
- Black Swamp Arts Festival,(419) 354-2723" url="http://www.blackswamparts.org/" hours="Fri 5pm-midnight; Sat 10am-midnight; Sun 11am-5pm" price="Free" >Ohio's premier Free arts and music festival. The Black Swamp Arts Festival features a juried art show that attracts over 150 artists from around the nation. The Wood County Invitational Art Show, held in conjunction with the Black Swmap Arts Festival features the area's finest artists. Four stages provide musical entertainment featuring national and international touring artists. A large children's art village exposes children and families to joy of making art. Delicious and unique food venders are on hand to supply great eats and of course the Black Swamp Beer Garden is open all weekend featuring several draft beers including Guinness and one craft beer every year. Fine arts and crafts throughout the Downtown area. Children's activities, live music, demonstrations, and various art events all weekend./do>
- Winterfest, +1 419-353-9445 url="http://www.visitbgohio.org/calendar/" hours="daytime and nightly events" price="free event" lat="41.3804" long="-83.652">Winterfest is the third weekend in February annually and has more than 30 fun winter-themed events for all ages. Visit the sparkling Ice Chalet,Ice Skating Competition, The Ice Sculpture Exhibits with an interactive photo area and Artist created Snowflakes decorating the whole downtown. Be part of the fun with a Chili & Soup Cook Off, BG Parks & Rec Frostbite Run, Ice Skating, Snow Games and downtown retail open house Sparkle Night. So grab your winter gear and make sure to experience this one-of-a-kind winter event.
- Art Walk, +1 419-354-4332  Annual Event held the last Saturday in April in Downtown Bowling Green, Ohio. Stroll through the historic downtown and visit the many galleries and exhibitions featuring Visual and Performing Arts from all ages. Artist's Demonstrations, family activities and performances continue throughout the day. Vote for your favorite in the People’s Choice Award and you might win a prize too!
- Heritage Days, +1 419-352-0967  Annual Event held the second full weekend in June. June 8&9, 2013 10am-4pm Step back in time and get your hands on history with soap making, rope making, fresh butter churning, free blacksmith and farm demonstrations, farm-themed activities, farm animals, historic games, swap meet, kiddie pedal pull, Power of Yesteryear antique tractor show, BBQ and live music. All set amid the charm and nostalgia of our beautiful Historical Museum grounds. Wood County Historical Center & Museum 13660 County Home Road, Bowling Green, OH 43402
- Classics on Main Car Show, This Annual Car Show is held the third Saturday in June and features live entertainment and activities all in Downtown Bowling Green, Ohio. If you have ever loved a car, this is the place to be to share your enthusiasm. Classic curvy lines polished to perfection might get your engine roaring while the great food and atmosphere will have you returning year after year.
- Wood County Fair, +1 419 352-0441  Annual event held the last weekend in July until the end of the first week in August.July 29th – August 5th, 2013 8am – 11pm Wood County Fairgrounds 13800 W. Poe Rd., Bowling Green, Ohio, 43402. 2013 includes: The Beach Boys concert, car show, demolition derby Tractor, Truck and Semi Pulls, Championship Horse and Pony Pulls, Dances, Cheerleading competition, live Music, food, games, rides, Industrial Arts, Woodworking and Carving demonstrations, Cookie Decorating, create Fairy Gardens, magician, BGSU Juggling Club, Balloon Artists, Pie and Cheesecake Auction, livestock, Flower show, Quilts, Needlework, Karaoke, 4H projects, Baked and Canned goods, Ice Cream, Wine Competition and a Parade of Floats. Make the most of your whole summer with this event!/do>
- Ben Franklin Crafts Store, 154 S. Main St., ☎ 800-439-7719. A local craft store that also offers toys, candy and party supplies among a variety of other things.
- For Keeps Gifts, 144 S. Main St., ☎ (419) 353-2232, . M-Sat. 9AM-8PM, Sun.12-5PM. A local gift and specialty store featuring wonderful gifts, jewelry, fashion accessories, home decor and more.
Bowling Green's historic downtown has several dining establishments of various cuisines to choose from, including European, Japanese, American, pizza, Italian, and family dining.
- Call of the Canyon, 109 N. Main St., ☎ 419-353-2255. M-Th 11:30am-8:30 pm; Fri 11:30 am-9pm; Sat 11:30am-3:30pm. A local delicatessen with a variety of sandwiches and a friendly atmosphere
- The Cookie Jar, 130 E. Court St., ☎ 419-354-8780. Wed 10am-10pm; Thurs 10am-10pm; Fri 10am-10pm; Sat Noon-10pm; Sun Noon-10pm. Little bakery with a variety of cookie recipes, including a special cookie of the day. Pick up or free delivery (though tipping for delivery is customary). Order early, as the shop is popular and specialties run out quickly on weekends.
- Kermit's, 307 S. Main St., ☎ 419-354-1388. M-F 6am-7pm; Sat & Sun 7am-3pm. Local mom & pop place with good food and generous portions at reasonable prices.
- Naslada Bistro, 182 S. Main St., ☎ 419-373-6050, . M-Th 11am-10pm, Fri/Sat 11am-11pm. At Naslada Bistro we take pride in using only the freshest ingredients to prepare authentic European and American cuisine, and to promote excellent, healthy meal choices. Homemade meals with no preservatives and unique signature soups are our delicatessen specialty.
- Grounds for Thought, 174 S. Main St., ☎ 419-354-3266. 6:00am-midnight. A relaxing, local coffee shop plus book store. Also has sandwiches and desserts.
- Holiday Inn, 2150 Wooster St., Bowling Green, OH 43402, ☎ (419) 353-5500, . Stay Smart, rest, and recharge at Holiday Inn Express - Best Price Guarantee
Toledo is an easy 30 minute drive north of Bowling Green.
|Routes through Bowling Green
WikiPedia:Bowling Green, Ohio