| || |
Stop by the Bowling Green Visitors Center for a choice of self-guided tours for different interests. Be sure to visit the BG Wind Farm [http://www.bgohio.org/departments/utilities-department/wind-turbines], community waterpark at City Park, Simpson Sensory Garden Park
[ Stone Ridge Golf Club [www.stoneridgegolfclub.org/], Forest Creason Golf Course [http://www.bgsu.edu/offices/sa/recwell/golf/] |+|
Stop by the Bowling Green Visitors Center for a choice of self-guided tours for different interests. Be sure to visit the BG Wind Farm [http://www.bgohio.org/departments/utilities-department/wind-turbines], community waterpark at City Park, Simpson Sensory Garden ParkStone Ridge Golf Club [www.stoneridgegolfclub.org/], Forest Creason Golf Course [http://www.bgsu.edu/offices/sa/recwell/golf/], Gish Film Theatre & Gallery , Snook's Dream Cars Classic Car Museum [http://snooksdreamcars.com/], Wood County Historical Center & Museum [http://www.woodcountyhistory.org/], ,
|−| , Gish Film Theatre & Gallery, Snook's Dream Cars Classic Car Museum [http://snooksdreamcars.com/], Wood County Historical Center & Museum [http://www.woodcountyhistory.org/], With museums, art galleries | |
| || |
Revision as of 18:23, 10 May 2013
Bowling Green  is a town in Northwest Ohio, best known for its eponymous state university.
Detroit Metro Airport DTW 
Toledo Express Airport TOL 
Wood County Regional Airport 
Since Bowling Green is on I-75 it is a quick 30-minute drive south from Toledo a 2 hour drive north from Dayton and 1 hour drive south from Detroit.
Regional car services include: a city subsidized taxi service with low rates, B.G. Transit  as well as Reliable Taxi  Supercab, BG Airport Shuttle and Bill's Limousine.
Cyclists can take the Slippery Elm Trail  south to North Baltimore. The trail is asphalt and features several rest stops and water fountains.
Bicycles can get around through most of the city, the BGSU campus and the city parks 
Downtown Bowling Green is a historic district that is charming and easy to walk around. Parking is available along both sides of the street and directly behind the Main Street buildings.
The University provides a free shuttle bus service for students and community members with both on-campus and off-campus shuttle bus routes. A map of those routes can be found at Parking Services 
Live tracking of the shuttles at bgsu.transloc.com 
Stop by the Bowling Green Visitors Center for a choice of self-guided tours for different interests. Be sure to visit the BG Wind Farm , community waterpark at City Park, Simpson Sensory Garden Park, Stone Ridge Golf Club , Forest Creason Golf Course , Gish Film Theatre & Gallery , Snook's Dream Cars Classic Car Museum , Wood County Historical Center & Museum , Little Red Schoolhouse , National Construction Equipment Museum , BGSU Planetarium , Wolf Center for the Performing Arts  and so much more!
- National Tractor Pulling Championships, Wood County Fairgrounds, 13800 West Poe Road, Bowling Green, OH. 419-354-1434 Annual Event - August 17-19, 2007 
Tractor Pulls at Bowling Green, OH
- Black Swamp Arts Festival, Main Street, ☎ (419) 354-2723, . Fri 5pm-midnight; Sat 10am-midnight; Sun 11am-5pm. Bowling Green's local artists come and share their work with the community to help celebrate the arts. Fine arts and crafts throughout the Downtown area. Children's activities, live music, demonstrations, and various art events all weekend. Free.
- Winterfest, Bowling Green, ☎ 419-353-9445, . daytime and nightly events. Winterfest has more than 30 fun winter-themed events for all ages. Visit the sparkling Ice Chalet,the Tri-State Ice Skating Competition, The Ice Sculpture Exhibits with an interactive photo area, OHSSA Wrestling Tournament at the Stroh Center and be part of the fun with a Chili & Soup Cook Off, BG Parks & Rec Frostbite Run, Ice Skating, downtown retail open house Sparkle Night, and the artisitic BG Arts Council Sandwich Stroll. So grab your winter gear and make sure to experience this one-of-a-kind winter event. free. (41.3804,-83.652)
- Wood County Historical Center and Museum, 13660 County Home Road, ☎ 419-352-0967, . Tuesday-Friday: 9:30AM- 4:30PM; Saturday and Sunday 1PM- 4PM. The Wood County Historical Center and Museum is the original site of the Wood County Infirmary. The Infirmary opened its doors in 1869 and closed in 1971. This site reopened its doors as the Museum in 1975. The Museum is the home to over 30 exhibits, and offers a variety of educational experiences as well as information on the uses of the original site and history of Wood County and Northwest Ohio.
- Ben Franklin Crafts Store, 154 S. Main St., ☎ 800-439-7719. A local craft store that also offers toys, candy and party supplies among a variety of other things.
Bowling Green's downtown area has a small town atmosphere with plenty of dining establishments to choose from, including sports bars (and other "bar" food), pizza, Italian, and family dining.
- Call of the Canyon, 109 N. Main St., ☎ 419-353-2255. M-Th 11:30am-8:30 pm; Fri 11:30 am-9pm; Sat 11:30am-3:30pm. A local delicatessen with a variety of sandwiches and a friendly atmosphere
- The Cookie Jar, 130 E. Court St., ☎ 419-354-8780. Wed 10am-10pm; Thurs 10am-10pm; Fri 10am-10pm; Sat Noon-10pm; Sun Noon-10pm. Little bakery with a variety of cookie recipes, including a special cookie of the day. Pick up or free delivery (though tipping for delivery is customary). Order early, as the shop is popular and specialties run out quickly on weekends.
- Kermit's, 307 S. Main St., ☎ 419-354-1388. M-F 6am-7pm; Sat & Sun 7am-3pm. Local mom & pop place with good food and generous portions at reasonable prices.
- Naslada Bistro, 182 S. Main St., ☎ 419-373-6050, . M-Th 11am-10pm, Fri/Sat 11am-11pm. At Naslada Bistro we take pride in using only the freshest ingredients to prepare authentic European and American cuisine, and to promote excellent, healthy meal choices. Homemade meals with no preservatives and unique signature soups are our delicatessen specialty.
- Grounds for Thought, 174 S. Main St., ☎ 419-354-3266. 6:00am-midnight. A relaxing, local coffee shop plus book store. Also has sandwiches and desserts.
Toledo is an easy 30 minute drive north of Bowling Green.
|Routes through Bowling Green
WikiPedia:Bowling Green, Ohio