| || |
| || |
|−|===By plane=== |+|
| || |
|−|'''Landvetter Airport''' ('''GOT''') located about 40 km from Borås has daily flights to most major European air hubs. |+|
is from Gothenburg hour. --.
|−|===By train=== |+|
|−|Centralstationen is the train hub and local trains from [[Gothenburg ]] run about once an hour. Also the '''Kust- till- kust'''-trains from [[Gothenburg]] to [[Kalmar]] stop at Borås. |+|
| || |
Revision as of 12:32, 9 July 2011
Borås  is a town with about 60,000 inhabitants in Västergötland in Sweden.
Borås was Sweden's major district for producing textiles and is still well-known for having many shops that sell high-quality textiles for low prices.
Borås have no own airport, nearest international airport is in Gothenburg about 60 km away which has daily flight from most european air hubs.
Commuter trains from Gothenburg runs about once every hour, however due to old tracks they are slower then the bus. The Kust-till-Kust (Coast-to-Coast) trains between Gothenburg and Kalmar also makes a stop-over there. Then there are regional trains from Varberg and from Uddevalla via Herrljunga. From time to time there have been direct X2000 fast trains from Stockholm, but as of now a change of trains in Herrljunga is required.
Bus #100 connects is an express highway bus from Gothenburg with departures every half hour. Several long-distance buses also makes stop-overs here.
Buses are operated by Västtrafik and cover the whole city and its suburbs. However, the city is small enough to walk around the centre.
- See the large statue of Pinocchio in the right end of Allégatan.
- Visit Borås Djurpark , Sweden's second largest zoo. It's located about two kilometres from the centre.
- Go for a swim in Stadsparksbadet - an indoor water park.
- Knalleland is a big shopping center 2 km from the city center, close to the zoo.
Although Borås might not be the best city in Sweden for drinking, it has a few places worth visiting.
- Scandic Hotel Plaza Lounge. This hotel bar offers a relaxing atmosphere for starting the night. However not really worth making it an evening here.
- Rådhuset Bar and club located in the old town hall by the north side of the large square.
- Bishop Arms The best place in town to drink beer. Has quite a large selection of European beer.
- Vila Vandrarhem , Lilla Brotagan 11, +46 33 226 969. Nice and clean hostel, reasonably low prices, friendly staff, free Wifi. They also have hotel across the street.
- Scandic Hotel Plaza , Allégatan 3, +46 33 785 82. A nice hotel with decent prices.
- First Hotel Grand , Hallbergsplatsen 2, +46 33 799 00 00. Luxurious and centrally located.