Bontoc is a city in Mountain Province.
Bontoc is a gateway to up north and to other prime locations such as Banaue and Sagada. Its a small town which is easy to figure out and walk around.
Baguio to Bontoc:
GL Lizardo Bus, departs 8am, 10am &2:30pm
Governor pck Rd. Baguio City, 220 Pesos
D'Rising Sun Buses, departs 5am -1pm
Slaughter House Compound Baguio City, 220 Pesos
Manila to Bontoc
Cabletours, departs 8:30 pm
the bus terminal is inside the Trinity University of Asia Campus at E. Rodriguez Ave. Cubao, Quezon City, 600 Pesos
Its very easy just to walk around the main street and find everything you need. Tricycles here are cheap and I have never had a hassle paying the local rate.
- Maligcong Rice Terraces.
- Mainit Hot Springs.
- Bontoc Museum. Bontoc museum is a must see if your only stopping briefly into town. Its has many great pictures and artifacts from the Kalinga tribes.
- Francis Pain (Local Guide), Churya-a Hotel, ☎ 09157690843. Francis is a great guide who knows 13 local dialects, he will take you up from Bontoc to the Kalinga tribes. I recommend checking out Buscalan where you can see Whang Od perform traditional tattoos as well as other very remote villages.
Sagada weaving products and other cordillera souvenirs at the mountain outlet store. Above the market square, behind the landbank in the multipurpose building.
- Etag. dried salted meat
- dog meat. yeah they serve dog menus in some of the karinderias there
Arik restaurant & snackhaus': BEST PANCAKES in cordillera, Php 15 with butter and sweeten condensed milk, brewed coffee Php 10. green building on the second floor at the very end of town, on the left hand side, past the market, past the mountain provenience college, next to where the Jeepney's leave for Kalinga.
- HABAWEL koykeis lechon manok, Bontoc Poblacion.
- HABAWEL AGRIVET (AND GENERAL MERCHANDISE), Bontoc Poblacion (just across SUMMIT BANK). KOYKEIS LECHON MANOK
- Cable Cafe, (right beside cable tours). This is your really only option for drinking in town. It has some great live music there and has a friendly atmosphere.
- Central Point, Samoki. The only bar I saw which I can say is the classiest in town...
- Kidlaa Hotel and Restaurant, Samoki. a pretty decent bar with live bands.
- Midtown resto, Poblacion bontoc mountain province (From the market, you can see a restaurant painted yellow). delicious and satisfying food.. If you prefer to relax, enjoy and take your time, there is the midtown extension that offes cozzy and relaxing ambiance
- Churya-a Hotel & Restaurant. One of the best places for a budget traveller and also has a great food menu.
- Bontoc Hotel, ☎ 09071700470.
- Ridge Brook, Samoki, Bontoc, Mountain Province, ☎ 09301411350. checkin: 6:00 AM; checkout: 12 noon. Ridgebrooke Hotel is your home away from home. We cater big events such as weddings, debuts, seminars etc.
- ARCHOG HOTEL AND RESTAURANT, Samoki. checkin: 2; checkout: 12. i believe to be the cleanest and most class hotel in bontoc yet very affordable price, plus the service crew is friendly, they also has great food.
Mountain hotel: next to the tourist office. cheap and basic, single Php 120, double Php 240 (shared bathroom) no power outlets but will charge anything for free. close to d'rising bus stop to Baguio (departs regularly from 5am-4pm)
There is a faster way to get to the East Coast without going all the way down to Baguio. There is a daily bus from Bontoc to Cervantes which departs from the market at 930am. It costs 100 pesos and 2 hours to get to Cervantes from Bontoc. The road to cervantes wasn't quite completed as of May 2011 and to get to the town requires another 10 pesos by tricycle. Once at Cervantes, you can take a van to Tagudin, which is in between Vigan and San Fernando (La Union). The ride is another 2 hours and goes over the Bessang Pass. It costs 150 pesos. Once at Tagudin, it is relatively easy to hop on a bus going North or South. An airconditioned Partas bus heading from Tagudin to Vigan costs 153 pesos and was 2 hours long.
There are regular jeepneys to Sagada.