Bontoc is a city in Mountain Province.
Bontoc is a gateway to up north and to other prime locations such as Banaue and Sagada. Its a small town which is easy to figure out and walk around. It does smell bad in some areas most likely do to the cooking of dog meat.
Baguio to Bontoc:
GL Lizardo Bus, departs 8am, 10am &2:30pm
Governor pck Rd. Baguio City, 220 Pesos
D'Rising Sun Buses, departs 5am -1pm
Slaughter House Compound Baguio City, 220 Pesos
Its very easy just to walk around the main street and find everything you need. Tricycles here are cheap and I have never had a hassle paying the local rate.
- Bontoc Museum. Bontoc museum is a must see if your only stopping briefly into town. Its has many great pictures and artifacts from the Kalinga tribes.
- Francis Pain (Local Guide), Churya-a Hotel, ☎ 09157690843. Francis is a great guide who knows 13 local dialects, he will take you up from Bontoc to the Kalinga tribes. I recommend checking out Buscalan where you can see Whang Od perform traditional tattoos as well as other very remote villages.
- Cable Cafe, (right beside cable tours). This is your really only option for drinking in town. It has some great live music there and has a friendly atmosphere.
- Churya-a Hotel & Restaurant. One of the best places for a budget traveller and also has a great food menu.
- Bontoc Hotel, ☎ 09187460044.
- Ridge Brook, ☎ 09196755252.