Blue Ridge Parkway is in the states of North Carolina and Virginia in the United States of America.
- National Park Service Headquarters, 199 Hemphill Knob Road, Asheville, NC 28803, (828) 271-4779, Recorded Info: (828) 298-0398 (Fax: (828) 271-4313).
Flora and fauna
There is no fee to travel the Blue Ridge Parkway and entrances and exits are available at intersections with all major highways.
There is a charge for camping of $16 per site (2007) and those visitors with Golden Age or Golden Access Passports or the new Interagency Senior or Access Pass pay a reduced camping fee.
For organized activities such as sporting events, ceremonies or large group gatherings, a Special Use Permit may be necessary. Commercial Filming of any type also requires a permit.
Four lodges and six restaurants are scattered along the Parkway and most are open from late April through the fall color season.
Fee is $16 for all campgrounds.
- Otter Creek (MP 61) is located at the Parkway's lowest elevation near Virginia's James River.
- Peaks of Otter (MP 86) near the Peaks of Otter Lodge, Abbott Lake, the restored 1930s Johnson Farm, and a magnificent trail system.
- Roanoke Mountain (MP 120) with easy access to Virginia's Explore Park and the largest city along the Parkway corridor.
- Rocky Knob (MP 167) with easy access to Rockcastle Gorge and just nine miles from Mabry Mill.
- Doughton Park (MP 241) near Basin Cove, Bluffs Lodge, and an extensive trail system
- Julian Price Park (MP 297) near Boone and Blowing Rock, North Carolina and close to the Moses Cone Estate. This is the Parkway's largest campground and reservations can be made for portions of this campgound on-line at RECREATION.gov or by calling 1-877-444 6777.
- Linville Falls (MP 316) on the Linville River and with access to the trail system into Linville Gorge Wilderness Area. Reservations can be made for portions of this campgound on-line at RECREATION.gov or by calling 1-877-444 6777.
- Crabtree Meadows (MP 340) near the Crabtree Falls Trail and within fifteen miles of Mt. Mitchell State Park.
- Mt. Pisgah (MP 408) is the highest Parkway campground at almost 5,000 feet elevation. Formerly part of the Vanderbilt Estate and near the US Forest Service's Cradle of Forestry site. Reservations can be made for portions of this campgound on-line at RECREATION.gov or by calling 1-877-444 6777.