| || |
|−|*'''Legoland Billund''', tel:+45 7533 1333, [ http: //www. legoland.dk/?lc=en]. |+|
|−|*' ''Lalandia Billund''', tel:+45 7614 9400, [http://www. lalandia.dk/billund] . |+|
* <do name="Billund" alt="" address="" directions="" phone="+45 " url="http://www..dk" hours="" price="-DKK">the .</do>
Rundflyvning" alt=" Short tour flights" address=" Bopladsen 19 " directions="" phone="+45 30 73 84 81" url="http://www. billund-rundflyvning.dk" hours=" No set hours. " price=" 150- 300 DKK per person" lat="" long=""> Short tour flights over Legoland or the regions other attractions in small propeller aircraft's.</do> |+|
| || |
| || |
Revision as of 15:44, 11 October 2009
Billund is a city in Jutland, western Denmark. It has some 8700 inhabitants and is known as the home of LEGO.
There is no railway line to Billund, so all transportation is by road or air.
Billund airport  is one of Denmark's biggest airports. Cimber Sterling Airlines  is based at Billund and flies to and from Billund to 15 destinations. The airport is served by many budget- and charter airlines, there are also flights by some national carriers like Finnair , SAS Scandinavian Airlines  and KLM , Ryanair also now offers cheap flights to Billund.
Billund is situated in the middle of Jutland, this means that there are roads in every direction. Usually tourists coming from other countries will drive along the E45 motorway. If you are coming from south, drive to Kolding and continue towards Billund. If you are coming from north or east turn to Billund at Vejle.
The airport runs two express shuttle buses to Vejle (30 minutes, 80 DKK) and Århus (1½ hours, 180 DKK via Horsens & Skanderborg) several times per day. There are also direct public buses from Billund to Vejle and Grindsted (lines 244 & 907X), Kolding (406, 1 hour) and Horsens (117, 2 hours). All of these buses stops at the airport.
Copenhagen's nyhavn canal build in LEGO bricks.
- Legoland Billund, Nordmarksvej 9, ☎ +45 75 33 13 33, . Hours vary from 10-17 up to 10-20 for Jul and start Aug, the park is largely closed Nov-Mar. Denmarks most visited attraction outside Copenhagen, the more than 50 rides and activities are mainly geared towards kids under 15, but parents and adults can gaze at the miniland of famous buildings and places build up of more than 50 million LEGO bricks, while the toddlers queue up for the rides. Kids (3-12): 245 DKK; Adults: 275 DKK.
- Lalandia Billund, Ellehammers Allé 3, ☎ +45 76 14 94 00, . 10-19 (for one day visitors). Is a resort complex with a 10000 m2 indoor tropical waterpark with waterslides, indoor and outdoor pools and Jacuzzis as the main attractions, but there is also a bowling alley, minigolf, playgrounds and a wealth of other family and sports oriented activities available. Kids (3-12): 150 DKK, Adults: 200 DKK.
- Billund Rundflyvning (Short tour flights), Bopladsen 19, ☎ +45 30 73 84 81, . No set hours.. Short tour flights over Legoland or the regions other attractions in small propeller aircraft's. 150-300 DKK per person.
Not many restaurants are located in Billund. So go have your dinner in Vejle 30 km away where a lot of fine resturants are located although they are a little expensive they are well worth the trip, especially Trattoria Dei Re which serves tradional Italian cusine, and Hviids Vinstue in Fredericia gade with a nice French/Danish cuisine. The alternative is Legolands fastfood resturants, a Hotel Legoland.
- Legoland Village, . This is a hostel situated near the Legoland park.
- Hotel Propellen, . This hotel is also situated near Legoland and the airport.
- Hotel Legoland, Aastvej 10, Tel. 45 75 33 12 44, . The amusement park itself has a hotel as well. This is a bit more expensive alternative, but worth it trying if you're traveling with kids.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!