Bevagna is a slightly unusual town for Umbria in that it is not a hill town but flat, lying in the plain of the Topino river. It has several interesting things to see. Roman columns and friezes can be found all over because Bevagna was constructed on top of Roman ruins. Like several other towns in Umbria it is listed as one of the "Borghi più belli d'Italia" (Most Beautiful Boroughs in Italy). 
The church of Sam Michele Arcangelo
By car from Rome, leave the A1 Autostrada at Orte, joining the E45 in the direction of Perugia. After 20km or so ignore the sign for Perugia and continue straight to Spoleto. From Spoleto you can either carry on along the main SS3 highway before taking a left to Bevagna or you can explore the back roads between Spoleto and the town.
There is a railway station at Foligno, 8km to the west, with connections to Rome and Florence.
- Piazza Silvestri. Here can be found the Palace of the Consols (Palazzo dei Consoli) in Gothic style, and the churches of San Silvestro (with a beautiful 15th Century Crucifix) and San Michele Arcangelo. The two churches were built by the same architects in the 12th Century in Romanesque style. The layout of the square is not at all symmetrical, which adds to its appeal. The fountain, added in the 19th Century in fake Gothic style, offers potable water when sightseeing becomes thirsty work.
- Palazzo del Municipio (Palazzo Lepri) is on Corso Matteotti, which follows the route of the Roman Via Flaminia. The town hall dates back to the 1700s. There is a good, but small, museum.
- Bevagna Civic Museum, Corso Giacomo Matteotti, 70 (In the Palazzo del Municipio), ☎ 0742 360031. 10.30-13.00 and 14.30-17.00 afternoon hours vary in summer.. Contains some interesting paintings. Here you can also ask to see Bevagna's underground Roman baths, which have some excellent mosaics.
- Let's cook in Umbria, strada comunale san marino 25 (perugia), ☎ 00390755899951, . Let's cook in Umbria offers cooking classes, winery tours, gourmet tours, excursions to artisan chocolate and olive oil producers, truffle hunting and very popular cooking vacation programs that include accommodations and excursions to remote villages throughout Umbria and Tuscany. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Il Poggio dei Pettirossi. Formerly an agriturismo now a 3-star hotel this is a couple of miles from Bevagna. Euros 80-100 for a double. Address: Vocabolo Pilone, 301.Tel.: +39 0742 361744 - Fax: +39 0742 369238
- Orto degli Angeli, Via Dante Alighieri, 1, ☎ +390742360130, . A splendid historical residence of 1788 consists of two historic buildings joined by a roof garden. The restaurant is located on the ruins of an ancient Roman temple of the first century BC and their food is made according to recipes that go back to 1900. 200.