Bellevue is a city in the Puget Sound region of Washington state, and often considered a suburb of Seattle.
- State route 520 connects Bellevue to Seattle, via the Evergreen Point floating bridge on Lake Washington. Prone to traffic jams.
- The more modern and capacious Interstate 90 provides another route from Seattle across Lake Washington, traversing Mercer Island. It continues on to Spokane, and ultimately, Boston.
- Interstate 405 runs North-South right through the middle of Bellevue, leading north to Kirkland (and eventually rejoining I-5 on the way to Bellingham and Vancouver, B.C. In the southern direction, I-405 leads to Renton, the Southcenter shopping district, and I-5 south (to Portland, OR, and onwards to the Mexican border), ending at SeaTac airport about 2 miles past I-5.
SoundTransit Express line 550 runs super-frequently between Downtown Seattle and Downtown Bellevue
SoundTransit Express line 560 runs every half hour between SeaTac Airport and Downtown Bellevue
Many other buses, operated by King County Metro, serve Bellevue
Schedules: http://www.soundtransit.org/ http://transit.metrokc.gov/
The Puget Sound (which includes Bellevue) has a decent bus transportation network if you're staying in the city. Visit http://www.soundtransit.org for additional information. For trips outside of the core city, you'll probably want a car.
There are a few museums in Bellevue:
- Bellevue Art Museum small art museum
- Doll Museum a large collection of dolls
- Top Gun This old favorite restaurant closed in Seattle, but is now open in the Factoria area of Bellevue, almost at the intersection of I-405 and I-90, across Lake Washington.
- Udupi Palace, 15600 NE 8th St # 9, Crossroads Mall (425) 649-0355. Udupi serves authentic thali plates, dosas, and pani puri, not available in Seattle. Their daily lunch buffet is a soul food hit with many South Indian Microsoft employees.
- Maggianos, downtown Bellevue for great pinot noir and Italian fare.
- Tap House Bar and Grill, . 160 beers on tap.
- Rock Bottom Brewery, . Brews their own beers.
- Joey's, . A decent resturaunt and bar.
- Courtyard Seattle - Bellevue/Downtown, 11010 NE 8th Street, ☎ +1 425 454-5888 (fax: +1 425 455-5880), .
- Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Redmond, 14615 NE 29th Place, ☎ +1 425 869-5300 (toll free: +1 800 321-2211, fax: +1 425 883-9122), .
- Fairfield Inn Seattle Bellevue, 14595 NE 29th Place, ☎ +1 425 869-6548 (fax: +1 425 881-2861), .
- Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue, 14455 NE 29th Place, ☎ +1 425 882-1222 (fax: +1 425 885-9260), .