Beckley is in West Virginia.
Beckley is situated at the southern end of the West Virginia Turnpike, 70 miles south of Charleston. It is where I-64 splits off to the east headed towards Virginia Beach and I-77 heads south towards Charlotte.
- Beckley is the northern terminus of the Coal Heritage Trail, a 97-mile scenic drive that passes mine-owners' mansions, miners' homes, company stores, coal tipples and state parks, before ending in Bluefield.
- Beckley Exhibition Coal Mine, 513 Ewart Avenue, 304-256-1747, . Tours available 10 am to 5:30 pm daily, April 1 through November 1. Visitors get a realistic look at coal mining as it was at the turn of the century, by travelling 1500 feet underground in authentic mining cars and touring the historic coal camp on the grounds, with veteran miners as guides. Be sure to bring a jacket, as temperatures underground stay at 58 degrees year-round. Adults $15.
- Tamarack, 1 Tamarack Park, 1-88-TAMARACK, . Open 8 am to 7 pm January through March, and 8 am to 8 pm April through December. Selling "the best of West Virginia", Tamarack offers a one-stop-shop for high-quality and authentic West Virginia culture, heritage, handcrafts, fine art, regional cuisine and music. It's one of the best places in the state to stop if you're looking for a really nice souvenir: you can buy hand-carved furniture, glass, pottery, Appalachian quilts, and regional specialty foods. The food court features signature dining options from the Greenbrier Hotel. There are six resident artists on-site who give demonstrations throughout the day, and Tamarack boasts a 178-seat theatre for live musical, theater, dance and storytelling performances.
- King Tut Drive-In, 301 N Eisenhower Drive, 304-252-6353, . Open 10:30 am to 11 pm daily except Wednesdays, weather permitting. A family-owned drive-in since the early 1940s, serving recipes handed down for generations. Sandwiches, pizzas and full dinners, with freshly-baked bread, soups made from scratch, and homemade pies. Try their award-winning pork barbeque sandwiches, stone-baked pizza and twice-baked potatoes. $1.50 - $8, pizzas $11 - $17.50.
- Quality Inn Beckley Hotel 1924 Harper Road. Tel: +1 304 255 1511. Fax: +1 304 256 0526. Located in a calm, small city environment, bringing the comforts of a quiet life style amidst luxurious amenities provided for the absolute satisfaction of the guests.