Beach is the county seat of Golden Valley County in the Badlands area of North Dakota. It is named for Capt. Warren Beach, who accompanied the railroad expedition in 1873. It is located off I-94. Latitude: N46.92, Longitude: W104.00.
- By car: via I-94 to the western extreme of the state (exit 1).
- By Plane: Beach Airport.
- Golden Valley County Museum,186 First Ave. SE, Beach. Hours: April-Labor Day, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Dioramas of country bedroom, kitchen, parlor, NP Railroad depot, American Indian artifacts, horse-drawn hearse, fire engine, tractors and machinery. Tel: (701) 872-3908 or 872-3836.
- Prairie Fire Pottery,127 East Main St., Beach. Studio and showroom. Original stoneware, spectacular glaze colors, and terracotta tiles featuring wildlife tracks. Hours: Daily during the summer months from 8 a.m.-6 p.m.; Closed on Sundays during the off season. Tel: (701) 872-3855. Toll-Free: (888) 229-9496. 
- Fishing. Buffalo Gap Dam, 2 miles southeast of Buffalo Gap (I94 exit 18) for trout, largemouth bass, and bluegill. Camels Hump Dam, immediately northeast of Sentinel Butte (I94 exit 10) for trout, bluegill, and largemouth bass. Odland Dam , 7 miles north of Beach for pike, perch, and bluegill.
- Hunting: prime area for mule deer. See map.
Eat & drink
- American Legion Club, 281 East Main, PO Box 691, Beach, ND 58621. Tel: (701) 872-4362
- The Backyard Bar, 21 Main St Et, PO Box 339, Beach, ND 58621. Tel: (701) 872-4967
- Crazy Charley's Restaurant, 112 4TH St NW, Beach, ND 58621. Tel: (701) 872-3000
- Dairy Queen, 18 4th St NW, PO Box 26, Beach (701) 872-4343
- Flying J Restaurant, I-94 Interchange, PO Box 277, Beach, ND 58621. Tel: (701) 872-4737
- Hot Stuff Pizza, I-94 & Hwy 16, Beach, ND 58621. Tel: (701) 872-3190
- Buckboard Inn, 1191 1ST Ave NW, Beach, ND 58621. Tel: (701) 872-4794
- Outpost, 3291 Hwy 16, Beach, ND 58621. Tel: (701) 872-4717
- Westgate Motel, 91 4TH St NW, Beach, ND 58621. Tel: (701) 872-4521