| || |
'''Best Western Matagorda Hotel & Conference Center ''', 407 Seventh Street , ''+1 979 '' 244-5400 , Toll-free: ''+1 800 '' 245-5404 , Fax: ''+1 979 '' 244-2706 , [http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=44423 ]. |+|
'''Holiday Inn Express ''', 920 Avenue F , ''+1 979 '' 323-9500 , [http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/byttx ]. |+|
* Best Western Matagorda Hotel & Conference Center407 Seventh Street+1 979 244-5400+1 800 245-5404+1 979 244-2706http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=44423
* Holiday Inn Express920 Avenue F+1 979 323-9500http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/byttx
| || |
Revision as of 16:56, 7 December 2006
Bay City is a small city in the Gulf Coast region of Texas. It's on TX-35, about two hours from Houston, at the Colorado River.
Access exclusively by private car. From Houston, locate TX-35 (it crosses IH-45 just south of down town, inside the loop), and go south for about two hours.
- Colorado River (not the Grand Canyon river) passes through town.
- South Texas Project, a nuclear reactor, operates in the area. 
- Best Western Matagorda Hotel & Conference Center, 407 Seventh Street, ☎ +1 979 244-5400 (toll free: +1 800 245-5404, fax: +1 979 244-2706), .
- Holiday Inn Express, 920 Avenue F, ☎ +1 979 323-9500, .
- Lake Jackson is a nearby city with some things to do.
- Surfside and Surfside Beach, Bryan Beach, and Quintana Beach are south of Lake Jackson on TX-36. There are wide stretches of beaches with vehicle access and few people (at least compared to Galveston). The fishing is often very good, especially for sharks and redfish.
- West Columbia has some interesting buildings about a hundred years old.
- Palacios is about a half hour south on TX-35 and has lots of old interesting houses and interesting restaurants.
- Galveston makes a great day trip and scenic drive. Head north on TX-35 to Lake Jackson, then south on TX-36 until you come to the Bluewater Highway (CR-332). Head north east (left) and follow the coast. The toll bridge at San Luis Pass costs about $2. The road then becomes Termini (CR-3005) and continues to Galveston.
- Houston is a major city with endless things to see and do, and is about two hours north on TX-35.