Baturaden is one of 27 districts that made up Banyumas regency. Baturaden is also a magnet for the tourists who visit Banyumas regency. Located 14 km north of Purwokerto, on the foot of Mount Slamet, Baturaden offers fresh-cool air, nature wonders and adventures that can refresh your mind and spirit.
Based on the local folklore, the name Baturaden derives from two Javanese words: Batur, which means friend, assistant, or maid, and Raden, which means noble. The story tells that there was a princess that fell in love with her maid. The pair had a secret love affair, but princess's father found out, and kicked both of them out of the palace. Finally, they found a beautiful place and decided to live there. They named the place as Baturaden.
With its natural beauty and wonderful views, Baturaden stands as one of the region's most prominent tourist destinations.
There are plenty of angkots that serves Baturaden from Purwokerto. The Kebon Dalem Angkot Sub-Terminal and Pasar Wage in Purwokerto usually serves as the terminus for the angkots which are head to Baturaden
- Kobata Taxi, Jalan Stadion Mini IV Blok B no. 42, ☎ (0281) 642440/(0281) 642441.
- Satria Taxi, Jalan Pemuda, ☎ (0281) 7668400.
Baturaden is a small town. Travelling around should be not too expensive. You may walk around town in 5 minutes while you'll also get the freshness of Mount Slamet foot's cool air.
Hot Spring Mineral Deposits in Baturaden
- Pancuran Pitu, Kompleks Lokawisata Baturaden (2,5 km from the Baturaden town center), . The most famous tourist attraction in town. Featuring beautiful hot springs. Try the sulfur massage, Rp 10000 for 15 minutes. Rp 7500,-.
- Pancuran Telu, Kompleks Lokawisata Baturaden (a few kilometers from the Baturaden town center), . Located close to the Pancuran Pitu. Worth a few cool photos.
- Telaga Sunyi, Kompleks Lokawisata Baturaden (a few kilometers from the Baturaden town center), . Another highlight of Baturaden. A cold springs with clear water. Prohibited for swimming in terms of safety.
- Lokawisata Baturaden, Jalan Raya Baturaden km. 14 (Right in the town center), . The most famous destination in town. Contains a lot of rides, open-air theater, zoo, and botanical gardens.
- Baturraden Adventure Forest (BAF), Baturraden (1 km from Queen Garden Hotel), . An eco-tourism destination in the region, contains outbond, adventurous rides, and botanical garden.
- Perhutani Camping Ground, Jalan Pariwisata Baturaden (1 km from the town center). A wide camping ground owned by Perhutani. Beautiful views with green forests in its surroundings and the fresh cool-air of Baturaden can restart your spirit and energy.
- Wana Wisata Baturaden, Jalan Pariwisata Baturaden (2 km east from the Lokawisata Baturaden's gate), . A great conservation place for plenty of rare plants and animals kinds.
- Waroeng Wisata, Jalan Raya Baturaden, Puri Wisata Hotel (A few meters to the Lokawisata Baturaden). The largest souvenir and gift shop in town.
You can find a lot of food stalls, especially in the Lokawisata Baturaden.
- Pringsewu Restaurant Baturaden, Jalan Raya Baturaden (Located close to the Lokawisata Baturaden), ☎ (0281) 681567 (fax: (0281) 681754), . One of the finest restaurant in towns. Wide varieties of dishes at high prices. Recommended for meetings, weddings, and parties.
- Cinta Alam Resto, Jalan Raya Baturaden km. 8 (Located on the road between Purwokerto and Baturaden, next to Green Valley Hotel and Resort), . One of the well-known splurge restaurants in the region. The New Year's Eve Party is always held here annually, with nice fireworks.
- Waroeng Ndeso, Jalan Raya Baturaden (Located on the road between Purwokerto and Baturaden), . Unique Javanese village-style restaurant.
- King Cafe, Karaoke, and Discotheque, Jalan Raya Baturaden, Puri Wisata Hotel, . The best-known entertainment spot in town.
- Moro Seneng Hotel, Jalan Raya Baturaden km. 13 (Located a few meters to the town center), ☎ (0281) 681789, . The best and most complete 1 star hotel in town. Also contains restaurant and karaoke box.
- Ardi Kencana Hotel, Jalan Pariwisata Baturaden (Located not too far from Lokawisata Baturaden), ☎ (0281) 681991 ([email protected], fax: (0281) 681081), . Simple but quiet, clean, and comfortable
- New Aprilia Hotel, Jalan Pariwisata Baturaden (Located not too far from the town center, close to the Perhutani Camping Grounds), ☎ (0281) 681203. A three-story budget hotel, next to a small river. Offers picturesque views.
- Green Valley Hotel and Resort, Jalan Raya Baturaden km. 8 (Located on the road between Purwokerto and Baturaden, next to Cinta Alam Restaurant), ☎ (0281) 681123 ([email protected], fax: (0281) 681590), . A newly-built resort hotel in Baturaden. Modern and chic design, also comfortable. Adjacent to the Cinta Alam Restaurant.
- Hotel Rosenda Cottages, Jl. Raya Baturaden, ☎ (0281) 681570 (fax: (0281) 681571), . A 3 stars hotel located in Baturaden, foot of Mount Slamet.
- Queen Garden Hotel Baturaden, Jl. Pariwisata Baturaden, ☎ (0281) 681388 (fax: (0281) 681688), . One of the most famous 3 stars hotel in Baturaden. Offers the cool air of Baturaden and spectacular views of the city of Purwokerto and surrounding areas. Economy IDR 250,000, Suite IDR 1,395,000.
- Puri Wisata Hotel, Jl. Raya Baturaden, ☎ (0281) 681331, . Nice hotel in Baturaden, just a walk distance to plenty of tourist attractions.
- Prima Resort Baturaden, Jalan Pariwisata Baturaden, ☎ (0281) 681977 (fax: (0281) 681977), . A famous hotel chain in town with traditional Javanese architecture.
Purwokerto, the region's largest city with plenty of tourist attractions.