Barstow  is a city in the southern desert of the state of California. The city's location at the junction of Interstate 15 and Interstate 40, as well as its position on the old Route 66, make it a frequent pit stop for travelers passing through on their way to more exotic destinations.
- Route 66 Museum, 681 N. First Ave., ☎ ''+1'' 760-255-1890 (email@example.com, fax: ''+1'' 760-255-6776), . F-Su 11AM-4PM. Route 66 museum and gift shop. Free.
- Claico Ghost Town - Exit Ghost Town Road on I-15.
- Lenwood Mall One of the largest merchant outlet malls in the country is just South of Barstow along Interstate 15. Dozens and dozens of places to shop for virtually every name brand merchandise one can think of. There are plenty of places to eat for the weary traveler too.
- Gallardo's Mexican Cuisine, 1231 E. Main St., Ph: (760) 255-1500, Fax: (760) 256-8020. A family run Mexican restaurant located less than a mile from I-15. Good food, and reasonable prices with dinner entrees starting around $6.
- McDonald's Barstow Station, If not the largest McDonald's in the world, it is certainly the most unique. Barstow Station is a McDonald's with an ice cream shop, candy store, gas station and the home of several radio stations that broadcast to travelers crossing the Mojave Desert. The most unique aspect of Barstow Station is the eating area. You can dine in old train cars and enjoy the view of travelers passing through this town. There is also a stand inside that sells homemade fudge.
- Best Western Desert Villa Inn, 1984 E Main Street, +1 760 256-1781, Fax: +1 760 256-9265, .
- Holiday Inn Express, 1861 West Main Street, +1 760 256-1300, .
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 2700 Lenwood Road, +1 760 253-9200, .
- Motel 6, 150 Yucca Avenue, +1 760 256-1752, Fax: +1 760 256-9110, .