Barrow is a city located 300 miles north of the Arctic Circle on the Arctic Ocean in Arctic Alaska. The tiny village holds the distinction of being the northernmost settlement in the United States, and the northernmost settlement of 2,000 or more people in the world. The residents are primarily of Inupiat ("eskimo") descent.
With the exception of an annual summer barge service, Barrow is a fly-in-only city.
Barrow is very small, so during the "warmer", summer months, it is very easy to get around Barrow by foot.
There are several cab companies in town. They are always driving about, and can be flagged down easily. Rates vary between $5-$9 around Barrow proper and Browersville.
UIC Car Rental, located near the Barrow Airport, provides car rentals. Availibility can be limited during peak times. 907-852-2700
Bus service was discontinued in June 2005, and is no longer available for the time being.
- Palm trees at shooting station
- Fresh water lake
- NARL / DEW line relics
- Satcom Array
- Point Barrow
- Polar Bear PC Internet Station 5146 Boxer Street, Barrow, AK. 
- Tundra Tours Inc. 1200 Agvik St, Barrow, AK. 907-852-3900.
- Join the Polar Bear Club! Go see Fran Tate at Pepe's North of the Border restaurant. She'll arrange to have you frozen, then she'll feed ya! Fran is colorful...
- Stuaqpak AC Value Center. Find everything you need in this all purpose supermarket and supply store with deli.
- Arctic Pizza 125 Apayauq St, Barrow, AK. 907-852-4222.
- Browers Restaurant PO Box 310, Barrow, AK. 907-852-3456.
- Northern Lights Restaurant 5122 Herman St, Barrow, AK. 907-852-3300.
- Orties Filipino Fast Food Barrow, AK. 907-852-5721.
- Osaka Restaurant 980 Stevenson St, Barrow, AK. 907-852-4100.
- Pepe's North of the Border 1204 Agvik St, Barrow, AK. 907-852-8200.
- Sam and Lee's Chinese Restaurant
- Shogun Teriyaki House 1906 Pakpuk St, Barrow, AK. 907-852-2276.
- Stuaqpak Food Court AC Value Center (shopping center/general store) deli.
- Stuaqpak Food Court Located in the AC Value Center (stuaqpak = large store).
Bars and Clubs
- NOTE The sale of alcohol for purchase is banned in Barrow, although minor importation or possession is allowed with a permit. 
- Browers Restaurant Barrow, AK. 907-852-3456.
- Airport Inn 1815 Momeganna St, Barrow, AK. 907-852-2525.
- King Eider Inn 1752 Ahkovak St, Barrow, AK. 907-852-4700. .
- Top of the World Hotel 1200 Agvik St, Barrow, AK. 907-852-3900.