Barnstable village is a village in Barnstable on Cape Cod in Massachusetts. Barnstable village is the most historical of the seven Barnstable villages with an old-time feel due to the many old residences and municipal buildings in the village. Several of Plymouth's surviving Pilgrim families moved here to settle. The village's sheltered harbor made it a natural place for commerce.
Barnstable village lies on Route 6a along the north shore of Cape Cod on Cape Cod Bay. Access Route 6a from exit 6 (Route 132) and go north, at Route 6a turn right (eastbound).
- Sturgis Library Route 6a. Built in 1644.
- Trayser Museum, Route 6a. Coast Guard Heritage Museum.
- Barnstable Comedy Club, Main Street (Route 6a). The oldest and longest running Community Theater in Massachusetts.
- Barnstable Restaurant and Tavern, 3176 Main St., +1 508-362-2355. Lunch and Dinner year round. Beyond the ordinary at decent prices. Italian a specialty.
- Dolphin Restaurant, 3250 Main St., +1 508-362-6610, . Year round favorite of the locals.
- Mattakeese Wharf, 271 Mill Way, +1 508-632-4511, . Lunch and dinner May through October. Nice Harbor setting (eat on the deck!) and great seafood. $15-$30 at dinner.
- Barnstable Restaurant and Tavern, 3176 Main St., +1 508-362-2355.
- Ashley Manor, 3660 Olde King’s Highway, Barnstable, +1 508-362-8044, E-mail: email@example.com, .
- Cape Cod's Lamb and Lion Inn 2504 Main St., Barnstable Village, +1 508-362-6823, . Top shelf B&B.