Barnesville is a village in western Belmont County. It was named after it's founder, James Barnes.
- State Route 800 runs through the town north and south. It connects to Interstate 70 six miles north of the town.
- State Route 147 runs roughly east and west through the town.
- Dickinson Cattle Company, 35500 Muskrat Road (Located on State Route 800 north of Barnesville, between the village and Interstate 70), ☎ 740-758-5050, . Monday - Saturday 10 A.M. - 5 P.M., Sunday 1 P.M. - 6 P.M. during the summer. A 4,5000 acre ranch built on reclaimed strip mine. Home of up to 1,500 registered Dutch BueLingo, Texas Longhorn, and African Watusi cattle. Tour covers history of horned cattle in Ohio, Johnny Appleseed, Hopalong Cassidy, Ohio governor Wilson Shannon, and Hanging Judge Isaac Parker. See cattle being trailed and branded on this working cattle ranch. $10 adults, $4 children 4 - 12, free under 4.
- Barnesville Antique Mall, 202 North Chestnut Street, ☎ 740-425-2435. Tuesday - Sunday. Three floors of tools, furniture, glass china, quilts, pottery including Roseville and Weller, primitives, and more.
- Annie K's, 777 East Main Street, ☎ 740-425-3456. Monday - Thursday 6 A.M. - 8 P.M., Friday and Saturday 6 A.M. - 9 P.M., Sunday 6 A.M. - 3 P.M. Family owned, small town restaurant featuring home cooked meals at very reasonable prices. Hosts murder mysteries, comedy shows, and live bluegrass and other music.
- China Max, 201 South Chestnut Street, ☎ 740-425-2101.
- Dairy Queen, 402 East Main Street, ☎ 740-425-1475.
- DeFelice Brothers Pizza, 621 East Main Street, ☎ 740-425-9000.
- Domino's Pizza, 146 West Main Street, ☎ 740-425-9999.
- Fairyland, (Follow State Route 800 south out of town for about 5 miles). Local drive-in eatery featuring homemade ice cream.
- Fox's Pizza, 123 East Main Street, ☎ 740-425-9222.
- Home Pizza, West Main Street, ☎ 740-425-3322.
- KFC/A&W, 1105 East Main Street, ☎ 740-425-1773.
- Lisa's Pizza, 112 East Church Street, ☎ 740-425-4211.
- McDonald's, 825 East Main Street, ☎ 740-425-1554.
- Subway, 220 South Chestnut Street, ☎ 740-425-4477.
- Wendy's, 910 East Main Street, ☎ 740-425-1425.
Chamber of Commerce
- 130 West Main Street, 740-425-4300, Website.
- WBNS - Barnesville-Woodsfield: Barnesville's hometown radio station, a member of the AVC Communications Inc. family. Broadcasts Cleveland Indian baseball games and local high school football, basketball, and baseball for the Barnesville Shamrocks and Monroe Central Seminoles. 175 East Main Street, 740-425-9268.
- Barnesville Enterprise: Weekly local newspaper covering western Belmont County, in operation for over 140 years. It is the oldest active, continuously operated business in the village. 166 East Main Street, 740-425-1912.