Barnesville is a village in western Belmont County. It was named after its founder, James Barnes.
Chamber of Commerce
- 130 West Main Street, 740-425-4300, .
- Village of Barnesville Website .
- State Route 800 runs through the town north and south. It connects to Interstate 70 six miles north of the town.
- State Route 147 runs roughly east and west through the town.
As the village is only home to between four and five-thousand inhabitants, there is noting in the way of public transportation, so plan on using your car or, even better, walking.
- Dickinson Cattle Company, 35500 Muskrat Road (Located on State Route 800 north of Barnesville, between the village and Interstate 70), ☎ 740-758-5050, . M-Sa 10 A.M. - 5 P.M., Sunday 1 P.M. - 6 P.M. during the summer. A 4,5000 acre ranch built on reclaimed strip mine. Home of up to 1,500 registered Dutch BueLingo, Texas Longhorn, and African Watusi cattle. Tour covers history of horned cattle in Ohio, Johnny Appleseed, Hopalong Cassidy, Ohio governor Wilson Shannon, and Hanging Judge Isaac Parker. See cattle being trailed and branded on this working cattle ranch. $10 adults, $4 children 4 - 12, free under 4.
- Barnesville Pumpkin Festival, (Located in downtown Barnesville), ☎ 740-425-2593, . Th-Su, last full weekend in September. Local festival that began in 1964 and now attracts more than 100,000 people annually. Pumpkin growers compete to grow the heaviest pumpkin each year, crowned the King Pumpkin. (Current record was set in 2007 and weighed in at 1,289 1/2 pounds.) Other attractions at the festival include an Antique & classic car show, crafts, new and antique farm machinery, live music on multiple stages, and contests for hog calling, tall tales, and tobacco spitting. The event reaches its peak attendance on Saturday for the Giant Pumpkin Parade. Free for most of the festival, $1 or less for craft displays.
- Victorian Mansion Museum, 532 North Chestnut Street, ☎ 740-425-2926. May 1 - September 30, W-Su 1 P.M. - 4 P.M. Fully restored, twenty-six room Romanesque style mansion. Sights include carved woodwork, moldings, mantels and doors, as well as 22k gold decorations, decorative locks, hinges and gas and electric lighting fixtures. Houses one of the largest collections of original clothing from the 1890's in Ohio. Annual Christmas tour runs from Thanksgiving to Christmas. $5 adults, $2 age 6 - 18.
- Barnesville Memorial Park, 130 Fair Street, ☎ 740-425-3012, . Fish or boat on 12-acre Park Lake. Watch baseball or softball on one of three lit ball fields, one housing a covered grandstand. Lit horseshoe pit, basketball courts, tennis courts and valleyball court. Two walking trails that wind around Park Lake. Also home to the villages 4th of July fireworks display. (39.996356,-81.178103)
- Barnesville Antique Mall, 202 North Chestnut Street, ☎ 740-425-2435. Tu-Su. Three floors of tools, furniture, glass china, quilts, pottery including Roseville and Weller, primitives, and more.
- Grandma's Country Store, 66240 Bailey Rd. & State Rte. 147, ☎ 740-526-6927, . 10-5:00 and Saturday, 10-3:00. Grandma's Country Store brings a bit of Amish Country to Western Belmont County. They carry a unique gathering of antique and country treasures and many primitive finds. Grandma's offers many handmade and refurbished items including benches, shelves and cupboards. You will find many wonderful gifts that your friends and family will be delighted to receive. The store is filled with pictures, scented candles, primitive dolls, crocks, crocheted doilies, crows, sheep, and home decorations. We invite you to bring your family and friends to Grandma's Country Store. You can check us out on our website, grandmascountrystoreonline.com
- Annie K's, 777 East Main Street, ☎ 740-425-3456. M-Th 6 A.M. - 8 P.M., Friday and Saturday 6 A.M. - 9 P.M., Sunday 6 A.M. - 3 P.M. Family owned, small town restaurant featuring home cooked meals at very reasonable prices. Hosts murder mysteries, comedy shows, and live bluegrass and other music.
- China Max, 201 South Chestnut Street, ☎ 740-425-2101.
- DeFelice Brothers Pizza, 621 East Main Street, ☎ 740-425-9000.
- Fairyland, (Follow State Route 800 south out of town for about 5 miles). Local drive-in eatery featuring homemade ice cream.
- Fox's Pizza, 123 East Main Street, ☎ 740-425-9222.
- Home Pizza, West Main Street, ☎ 740-425-3322.
- Lisa's Pizza, 112 East Church Street, ☎ 740-425-4211.
Bob's Pizza And Sub Stop
Delicious food at reasonable prices. Alcohol and cigarettes can be purchased as well. They've got Pizza, subs, wings, onion rings, pepperoni rolls, calzones, and more!
- The Club House Tavern, 126 West Main Street, ☎ 740-425-3038, .
- The Georgian Pillars Bed & Breakfast, 128 East Walnut Street, ☎ 888-425-3741, . checkin: After 2:30 P.M; checkout: Before 10:30 A.M. Single $70 weekdays, $75 weekends, Double $90 weekdays, $95 weekends.
- Harrison House, 501 E Main St (Just east of downtown on Main Street), ☎ 740-425-4068, . Features a private three bedroom apartment with private entrance, a full kitchen, and semi-private bath. Can be rented with one or three bedrooms, all with cable television and wireless internet access. (39.987725,-81.169525)
- WBNV - Barnesville-Woodsfield: Barnesville's hometown radio station, a member of the AVC Communications Inc. family. Broadcasts Cleveland Indian baseball games and local high school football, basketball, and baseball for the Barnesville Shamrocks and Monroe Central Seminoles. 175 East Main Street, 740-425-9268.
- Barnesville Enterprise: Weekly local newspaper covering western Belmont County, in operation for over 140 years. It is the oldest active, continuously operated business in the village. 166 East Main Street, 740-425-1912.
- Barkcamp State Park: 125 Electrified campsites and featuring hot showers, picnic tables, and firerings. Pets allowed in designated areas. Swim, fish, boat, or hunt (in designated areas). 65330 Barkcamp Road, 740-484-4064
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!