Barnaul (Russian: Барнау́л buhr-nuh-OOL) is the capital of Altai Krai.
The city was founded in 1730 as a center of silver and copper mining, and has a population of over 600,000.
- №036В/№036Н Barnaul — Moscow — Barnaul — 1st class train «Altai»
- №509/№510 Barnaul — Omsk — Adler - Barnaul — from 16 June to 1 September.
- №613/№614 Barnaul — Karasuk — Barnaul.
German Titov airport  is located 17km west from the city center and serves flights from Krasnodar, Moscow, Irkutsk, Anapa, Rostov-on-Don, Vladivostok, Saint Petersburg.
- Altai museum of regional studies  offers expositions of ethnographical artefacts.
- Museum of literature, art and culture of Altai .
- Altai Museum of Art. Malevich, Kandinsky, Rembrandt.