The Badlands and Black Hills are part of South Dakota.
- Drive through "Bear Country USA", a "drive-through zoo" containing many animals you otherwise would not want to be in proximity to.
- Hike or at least check out the incredible Badlands.
- Ride down Highway 16, off of which are conveniently located many of the area's numerous attractions.
- Tour the local highways, which can be very scenic in nature.
- Visit and enjoy Evan's Plunge in Hot Springs, a mini-waterpark fed by... hot springs.
- Visit the area's most famous attraction, Mount Rushmore.
- Visit the Mammoth Site
- Watch the Old West Shoot-out in Hill City
- The Alpine Restaurant in Hill City -- Dinner menu is limited: Small or Large Filet Mignon. Be sure to save room for dessert!
- The Hitchrail Bar and Restaurant in Pringle -- See a true smalltown watering hole.
- <Bitter Sweet Ranch Camp=""Hill City SD=""http://www.bittersweetranchcamp.com="><Enjoy Horseback riding and camping while soaking in the beautiful scenery in the heart of the Black Hills>