Aurora is the second-largest city in the U.S. state of Illinois, located about 35 miles west of Chicago. It is probably best known for being the setting of the "Wayne's world" movies
By Car: Aurora is just off the East-West Tollway (I-88) in Illinois. Take the Route 31 exit south.
By Train: Aurora is part of Chicago's Metra commuter rail system, the last stop on the Burlington Northern Santa Fe line which leaves from Union Station in the Loop.
By Bus: Greyhound makes a stop at the Aurora train station on its Chicago-Des Moines-Omaha route, but the express buses will not stop there. Also, the Aurora train station is a local hub for PACE, the Chicagoland suburban bus service.
By Air: Aurora has a small municipal airport of its own, but the best way to go is to fly into one of the Chicago airports (O'Hare or Midway) and just take the train or a taxi to Aurora.
|| This article or section does not match our manual of style or needs other editing. Please plunge forward, give it your attention and help it improve! Suggested fixes: None specified. Please use the article's talk page to ask questions if you are not sure why this tag was added and whether it is safe to remove it.
African-American Heritage Museum & Black Veterans Archives
Aurora Regional Fire Museum
Batavia Depot Museum
Blackberry Farm’s Pioneer Village
Cinemark Tinseltown USA
(630) 906-0490 www.cinemark.com
David L. Pierce Art & History Center
(630) 906-0650 (History) or (630) 906-0654 (Art)
Fabyan Dutch Windmill
The Farnsworth House Estate
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
The Grand Army Of The Republic Hall
(630) 906-0654 or (630) 897-7221
Goodrich Randall 15
(630) 761-0501 or (630) 482-3456
Hollywood Casino – Aurora
(630) 801-1234 or (800) 888-7777
Kane County Cougars
Kendall County Historical Society’s Heritage Hall & Chapel on the Green
Kane County Eagles
Kendall County Historical Society's Heritage Hall & Chapel On The Green
Lyon Farm and Village
(630) 554-3064 or (630) 553-6777
The Old Barn Museum
Paramount Arts Center
Home to "Broadway in the Burbs," this lovingly restored Art Deco movie palace presents live entertainment by world-class performers, plays, touring musicals and other special events.
Phillips Park Zoo
Visitors Center & Mastodon Gallery – Phillips Park
Red Oak Nature Center
Schingoethe Center for Native American Cultures
SciTech Hands-On Museum
Walter Payton’s Roundhouse Complex
William Tanner House
- Blackberry Farm, 100 S. Barnes Rd., . A living history museum of 19th century life spread out over 54 acres with a lake, ponds, a stream, and an arboretum.
- Comfort Suites Aurora Hotel City Center  111 North Broadway. 630 896 2800. About 50 minutes away from the O'Hare International Airport and Chicago's Midway Airport, and 10 minutes away from the Aurora Municipal Airport. Has meeting facilities.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Aurora  2423 Bushwood Drive. 630 907 2600. 127 hotel guest rooms equipped with microwave and refrigerator, free internet, a 6,000 square feet Indoor Pool Complex, and five Meeting Rooms with Video Conferencing capability.
- Quality Inn Aurora O'Hare Airport Hotel. 4005 Gabrielle Lane. 630 820 3400. 25 miles from O'Hare International Airport, 2002 Silver Hospitality Award winning hotel.