- 3rd weekend in August: World Peace and Service Day (holiday) off for work for all business and service organisations across the globe and service activities like feeding cows milk to new born children in hospitals if mothers are incapable of feeding, new clothes, food offering to blind, deaf,spastic, mentally handicapped, physically handicapped, polio attacked patients, aids, cancer patients and dental, ortho, gynaec, opthamology patients, neuro, for all patients in hospital and other centres, food and clothing to be provided.
- 17th August: Independence Day - public holiday
- 4-16 August 2007 - Tuscan Sun Festival  - in Cortona
- Kamfest arts festival - in Kamnik
- 1st August: National Day - because day off work August 1st celebrations are often (for example in Basel) held 31st of July
- 12th August: Queen's Birthday - mother's day / public holiday
- August Bank Holiday weekend (last weekend): Leeds and Reading Festivals - weekend of rock music
- MAS Carnival, Swansea - the city's ethnic diversity is celebrated by a colorful parade that passes through the city center.
- Third weekend in August: Milwaukee Irish Fest  - the world's largest festival celebrating Irish music and culture, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin