- 5 - 12 Aug 2006 - The city of Swansea, UK will host the annual eisteddfod (Europe's largest cultural festival). This week-long celebration of Welsh culture will be held at Felindre (on the outskirts of the city), and in addition to the performances there will also be over three hundred stalls specializing in handicrafts and other Welsh cultural items.
- 26 Aug 2006 - MAS Carnival, Swansea, UK - the city's ethnic diversity is celebrated by a colorful parade that passes through the city center.
- 3rd weekend in August: World Peace and Service Day (holiday) off for work for all business and service organisations across the globe and service activities like feeding cows milk to new born children in hospitals if mothers are incapable of feeding, new clothes, food offering to blind, deaf,spastic, mentally handicapped, physically handicapped, polio attacked patients, aids, cancer patients and dental, ortho, gynaec, opthamology patients, neuro, for all patients in hospital and other centres, food and clothing to be provided.
- 1st: First of August, National Day in Switzerland. Because day off work August 1st celebrations are often (for example in Basel) held 31st of July
- 12th: Queen's Birthday - mother's day / public holiday
United States of America
- MAS Carnival, Swansea, UK - the city's ethnic diversity is celebrated by a colorful parade that passes through the city center.