This article is a travel topic
This is a calendar of events and festivals in the month of August.
- Early August: Sauna Bathing World Championships,  in Heinola
- Late August: Mobile Phone Throwing World Championships,  in Savonlinna
- 17th: Independence Day - public holiday
- First Saturday & Sunday: Gongo Festival  in Tsuyama
- August 12-15: Awa Odori The famous "Fool's Dance" of Tokushima
- Momotaro Festival in Okayama
- Kamfest arts festival - in Kamnik
- 15th: Madrid - Virgen de la Paloma
- 15th: Malaga- Asunción de la Virgen this is a holiday celebrating one of the patrons of Spain.
- Late August: Feria de Malaga,  in Malaga
- 1st: National Day - because day off work August 1st celebrations are often (for example in Basel) held 31st of July
- 12th: Queen's Birthday - mother's day / public holiday
Between 9 and 23 August 2008 near Sinop, Turkey - a proposed site for a nuclear power plant - the international activist gathering Ecotopia will be held .
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival  - Edinburgh
- Edinbugh Military Tattoo  - Edinburgh
- Mid August: Puck Fair,  in Killorglin, Ireland
- Late August: Mathew Street Festival,  in Liverpool
- MAS Carnival, Swansea - the city's ethnic diversity is celebrated by a colorful parade that passes through the city center.
- Third weekend in August: Race The Train in Tywyn. Runners attempt to cover a 14 mile route through a beautiful Welsh Valley faster than a historic steam train. 2008 is the 25th running of the event.
- Last weekend in August (August Bank Holiday weekend): Notting Hill Carnival  - Notting Hill, London
- Last weekend in August (August Bank Holiday weekend): Leeds and Reading Festivals - weekend of rock music
- Third weekend in August: Milwaukee Irish Fest  - the world's largest festival celebrating Irish music and culture, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Late August: A Taste of Colorado,  in Denver
- August 22, 2010: Customer Appreciation Day at South street diner. Ice cream truck, free bbq, face painting, outdoor feeding, giveaways, free cartoonist.