West Atlanta is the side of Atlanta that includes Bankhead, Vine City, West End, Oakland City, Westview, and Riverside.
MARTA East-West Line stops in Vine City, Ashby, Westlake, and H.E. Holmes Station, and Proctor Creek Line runs to Bankhead Station. By car, this district is accessible by Interstate 20, 285, and Langford Parkway.
- Atlanta University Center — The Vine City area of Atlanta holds the country's largest concentration of African-American colleges dating back to the post-Civil War era- often referred to as the Atlanta University Center.
- Historic West End — The Historic West End community dates back to the 1830s and features restored period homes and Victorian cottages.
- Collier Heights — historic district with unique ranch-style homes.
- Maddox Park — soon to be merged with the future Westside Park to become the largest park in Atlanta, as part of the Beltline.
- Wren's Nest - historical house museum known for storytelling
- Riverside — upscale suburban style community in the Upper Westside by the Chattahoochee River.
There are to many "colred" or nigger people
- Bacchanalia, 1198 Howell Mill Rd, +1 404-365-0410, . Consistently regarded as one of the best restaurants in Atlanta, and rated number one in the Atlanta Zagat guide for many years. Offers a seasonal four-course prix fixe continental menu. ($$$$)
- Pangaea, 1082 Huff Road N.W., +1 404-350-8787, . Fusion food with elements of Vietnamese, Greek, Indian, North American & more cuisines. ($)
- The Food Studio, 887 West Marietta St, . A sophisticated AAA Four-Diamond restaurant serving regional American fare. ($$$)
- Spoon, . Simple yet sleek Thai restaurant on the Southwest side of GA tech offers up flavorful Thai basics. ($$)
- The Real Chow Baby, . Popular create-your-own stir-fry restaurant in a sleek modern loft space. ($)
- Osteria del Figo, 1210 Howell Mill Rd, . Fresh pasta at cheap prices makes this sunny eatery a favorite lunch spot. ($)
- West Egg Cafe, 1168-A Howell Mill Rd, . Charming breakfast-all-day cafe that's part restaurant, part indie coffeehouse. ($)
- Six Feet Under (Westside), 685 11th St, . Seafood restaurant and bar, features two nice patios and a descent sized menu. Popular with younger locals, can get busy on the weekends.
- Nuevo Laredo Cantina, 1495 Chattahoochee Ave., . Enormously popular Mexican food restaurant located in an industrial area. Consistently rated one of the best Mexican restaurants in the city, its food and reputation can make it a challenge to get a table during peak hours.