Atlanta West is in Atlanta.
MARTA East-West Line or Interstate 20.
- Atlanta University Center and the Historic West End — The Vine City area of Atlanta holds the country's largest concentration of African-American colleges dating back to the post-Civil War era- often referred to as the Atlanta University Center. The Historic West End community dates back to the 1830s and features restored period homes and Victorian cottages.
- Bacchanalia, 1198 Howell Mill Rd, +1 404-365-0410, . Consistently regarded as one of the best restaurants in Atlanta, and rated number one in the Atlanta Zagat guide for many years. Offers a seasonal four-course prix fixe continental menu. ($$$$)
- Pangaea, 1082 Huff Road N.W., +1 404-350-8787, . Fusion food with elements of Vietnamese, Greek, Indian, North American & more cuisines. ($)
- The Food Studio, 887 West Marietta St, . A sophisticated AAA Four-Diamond restaurant serving regional American fare. ($$$)
- Spoon, . Simple yet sleek Thai restaurant on the Southwest side of GA tech offers up flavorful Thai basics. ($$)
- The Real Chow Baby, . Popular create-your-own stir-fry restaurant in a sleek modern loft space. ($)
- Osteria del Figo, 1210 Howell Mill Rd, . Fresh pasta at cheap prices makes this sunny eatery a favorite lunch spot. ($)
- West Egg Cafe, 1168-A Howell Mill Rd, . Charming breakfast-all-day cafe that's part restaurant, part indie coffeehouse. ($)
- Six Feet Under (Westside), 685 11th St, . Seafood restaurant and bar, features two nice patios and a descent sized menu. Popular with younger locals, can get busy on the weekends.
- Nuevo Laredo Cantina, 1495 Chattahoochee Ave., . Enormously popular Mexican food restaurant located in an industrial area. Consistently rated one of the best Mexican restaurants in the city, its food and reputation can make it a challenge to get a table during peak hours.