Virginia-Highland  is an area east of Piedmont Park in the center of town known for its pubs and restaurants. Pedestrian friendly and packed sidewalks until late at night.
Virginia Highlands: has a mix of clothing and gift stores, many with Southern flair, mostly catering to the 20-30s-something woman.
- Bill Hallman  ($$$) 792 N Highland Ave NE. Hip clothing boutique.
- Mitzi and Romano ($$$) 1038 N Highland Ave NE. Slightly more conservative clothing and accessories store carrying brands like Tessuto, For Joseph, Sharagano, and Easel.
- Ten Thousand Villages ($$) 1056 St Charles Ave NE. Nonprofit store that offers multicultural goods and handmade wares.
- Murphy's, 997 Virginia Avenue NE, . Classic Highlands bistro serves reliable American cuisine and is packed to capacity for its weekend brunches. ($$)
- Food 101, . Hearty homegrown comfort food with a modern twist. ($$)
- Vine, 1190 North Highland Ave, . Modern American cuisine with Mediterranean influences. Charming restaurant has a large wine selection and a great patio. ($$)
- La Tavola, 9992 Virginia Ave, . Quaint Italian restaurant in the heart of the highlands. ($$)
- Pozole, 1044 Greenwood Ave, . Fun Nuevo Latino restaurant with a cozy neighborhood vibe located in an old house near the Highland bar scene. ($)
- Alon's, 1394 North Highland Ave, . European bakery and market is a prime destination for locals and offers gourmet sandwiches, freshly baked breads, artisan cheeses, beautiful desserts and baked goods, and gourmet prepared foods. ($)
- Paolo's Gelato, 1025 Virginia Ave, . Extremely cute and charming gelateria where an Italian native makes homemade gelato, marzipan, and other goodies. A must-stop for gelato lovers. ($)
- Everybody's Pizza, 1040 North Highland Ave, . Popular local pizza joint. ($)
- Blind Willie's, 828 North Highland Ave, +1 404-873-BLUE, . An established blues club featuring live blues, and a selection of Chicago, Memphis, and New Orleans-style food. ($)