The Hotel District is the northern section of Downtown Atlanta
Interstate 75/85 connector is adjacent to the Hotel District, providing direct access via Andrew Young International Blvd. MARTA's North/South Line has a station at Peachtree Center.
- Westin Peachtree, the tall round glass building and an architectural symbol of the Downtown skyline.
- Hyatt Regency Atlanta, which has an atrium elevator that leads to the Polaris, a round structure that has a blue glass dome. The Polaris is currently closed for renovation for an indefinite period of time, but still makes for great pictures from a distance.
- Ride the elevator to the Sundial of Westin Peachtree. Walk around the observatory, and relax at the revolving restaurant and get a 360 degree view of Atlanta.
- Ride the elevator to Nicoli's Roof on top of the Hilton, and try the French or Russian cuisine.
- AmericasMart, 240 Peachtree St, NW, . AmericasMart is comprised of four buildings that are open to trade only: the Atlanta Gift Mart, Atlanta Merchandise Mart, Atlanta Apparel Mart and Inforum. Each year, AmericasMart hosts more than 400,000 retailers from every state and more than 70 countries around the world in 17 home furnishings, gift, floor covering and apparel markets.
- Dailey's, 17 (Andrew Young) International Blvd, ☎ +1 404 681-3303, . An old Atlanta landmark with nightly entertainment. Be sure to check out the dessert bar.
- Jalapeno Charlie's, 218 Peachtree St, NW, ☎ 404-581-0884, . Latino-Mexican dining experience with authentic Latin art and music to add to the atmosphere.
- Sops on Ellis, 141 Carnegie Way, ☎ +1 404 525-8624. Salad, soups and sandwiches, the name Sops comes from the act of "sopping up" leftover soup with bread. The chef is formerly of Atlanta's Loaf and Kettle
- Atlanta Grill, 181 Peachtree St, NE (inside the Ritz-Carlton), ☎ +1 404 659-0400, . Artistic and warm decor with a menu that offers steaks and seafood. Seasonal balcony dining is available overlooking Peachtree Street, but if you're looking for a more intimate setting, try their "Cheater's Booth" complete with privacy draperies.
- Azio, 229 Peachtree St, ☎ (404) 222-0808, . Hearty Italian fare at reasonable prices and served in generous portions. The atmosphere is low lighting and close seating, but try and grab a table near the window, which is a prime spot for viewing the bustling Atlanta nightlife.
- Fire of Brazil, 216 Peachtree St, NW, ☎ +1 404 525-5255, . An authentic Brazilian steakhouse with 6,000 square feet of dining area. Gaucho-style service reigns supreme as servers bring by cuts of beef, lamb, chicken or pork for you to choose from.
- Hard Rock Cafe Atlanta, 215 Peachtree St, ☎ +1 404-688-7625, . The Atlanta branch of the world-famous chain, featuring over 300 pieces of rock memorabilia and burgers, ribs and malts.
- Max Lager's American Grill and Brewery, 320 Peachtree St, ☎ +1 404 525-4400, . The 10,000-square-foot, turn-of-the-century industrial building helps highlight the copper and brass brewery; the patio, deck, and large windows overlook Hardy Ivy Park.
- Pacific Rim Bistro, 303 Peachtree Center Ave, ☎ +1 404 893-0018, . Pan-Asian menu, sushi bar and pleasant covered patio.
- Ray's In the City, 240 Peachtree St, ☎ +1 404 524-9224, . Seafood diners have enjoyed Ray's on the River in Sandy Springs for years. The same experience is now in the heart of Downtown Atlanta at their remodeled location on Peachtree Street.
- The Sun Dial, 210 Peachtree St, ☎ +1 404 589-7506, . Perched 723 feet atop the tallest hotel in the Western Hemisphere (the Westin Peachtree Atlanta), this restaurant is known primarily for its breathtaking views and slowly rotates around on a platform 360 degrees. Frequented by tourists and popular for Sunday brunch.
- French American Brasserie - FAB, 30 Ivan Allen Jr Blvd (inside the Southern Company Building), ☎ +1 404 266-1440, . This is Fabrice Vergez’s reincarnation of Lenox Square's Brasserie Le Coze. The menu will be familiar to loyal customers -- French standards like niçoise salad, foie gras, skate and white bean soup complement new entrees like steaks and chops.
- Morton’s of Chicago - Atlanta, 303 Peachtree Center Ave (at the Suntrust Plaza Building), ☎ +1 404 577-4366. The famous chophouse of Chicago features steak, lobster and veal.
- Nikolai's Roof, 255 Courtland St, NE (inside the Atlanta Hilton), ☎ +1 404 221-6362, . This glamorous AAA four-diamond restaurant serves French cuisine from a popular prix fixe menu and a limited a la carte menu.
- Sun Dial, 210 Peachtree St, ☎ 1 404 589-7506, . Have a Georgia Peach Martini atop the revolving restaurant bar of the Westin Peacthree Plaza, and watch the sunset followed by entertainment provided by a jazz band.
Now what would a Hotel District be without hotels? Some of the more luxurious hotels of Atlanta are in this area.
- Westin Peachtree
- Hyatt Regency Atlanta
- Marriott Marquis
- Atlanta Hilton