Grant Park is a historical district in southeast Atlanta. Besides the park itself, this area includes Zoo Atlanta and Cyclorama.
MARTA Bus #397 from King Memorial Station. By car, exit from I-20 at Blvd SE.
- Atlanta Cyclorama & Civil War Museum, 800C Cherokee Ave. S.E. (next to Zoo Atlanta), ☎ (404) 624-1071, . Learn about Atlanta's Civil War History at this 100-year old attraction; home of the world's largest painting, which tells the history of the 1864 Battle of Atlanta through a massive circular painting and narrated dialogue. The painting is about 4-stories high and 358 feet in circumference, making it almost the same area as a football field. The name "cyclorama" comes from the display technique for this historical painting; as visitors watch from stadium seating the entire painting is rotated around them. The accompanying museum is also the home of the historic Civil War locomotive, "TEXAS" (hero of the "Great Train Race"). $8 (Adults), $7 (Seniors), $6 (Children).
- Oakland Cemetery, 48 Oakland Avenue, ☎ (404) 688-2107, . Historic graveyard (established 1850) which is the burial site of Margaret Mitchell, Bobby Jones, and many Civil War soldiers.
- Zoo Atlanta, (next to Cyclorama), ☎ 404-624-5822, . Open every day 9:30AM-4:30PM; Sa-Su during daylight savings time 9:30AM-5:30PM; closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day. This zoo specializes in primates and African animals but also has Giant Pandas, Bornean Sumatran orangutans, Asian small-clawed otters, and a childrens' zoo. $17.99 (adults); $13.99 (seniors); $12.99 (children).
- Daddy D'z: The Bar-B-Que Joynt, 264 Memorial Drive, ☎ (404) 222-0206, . Mon-Thur 11am-10pm, Fri-Sat 11am-12:30am, Sun 12pm- 9:30pm. Excellent Bar-B-Que in a small building with a lot of character. $9-$16.
- Ria's Bluebird, 421 Memorial Dr SE, ☎ (404) 521-3737, . 8am-3pm. Hip breakfast restaurant, voted "best pancakes in world" by NY Times. Come early or be prepared to wait. $5-$13.