Grant Park is a historical district in Southeast Atlanta. Besides the park itself, this area includes Zoo Atlanta and Cyclorama.
MARTA Bus #397 from King Memorial Station. By car, exit from I-20 at Blvd SE.
- Zoo Atlanta, Grant Park, +1 404-624-5822, . This zoo specializes in primates and African animals but also has a Giant Pandas and a children's zoo. Open every day 9:30AM-4:30PM; Sa-Su during daylight savings time 9:30AM-5:30PM; closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day. $17.99 (adults); $13.99 (seniors); $12.99 (children).
- Atlanta Cyclorama & Civil War Museum, 800 Cherokee Ave. S.E., (next to Zoo Atlanta), (404) 624-1071, . Learn about Atlanta's Civil War History at this 100-year old attraction; home of the world's largest painting, which tells the history of the 1864 Battle of Atlanta through a massive circular painting and narrated dialogue. Also the home of the historic Civil War locomotive, "TEXAS" (hero of the "Great Train Race").
- Oakland Cemetery. 48 Oakland Avenue. (404) 688-2107,  Historic graveyard (established 1850) which is the burial site of Margaret Mitchell, Bobby Jones, and many Civil War soldiers.
- Daddy D'z: The Bar-B-Que Joynt, 264 Memorial Drive, ☎ (404) 222-0206, . Mon-Thur 11am-10pm, Fri-Sat 11am-12:30am, Sun 12pm- 9:30pm. Excellent Bar-B-Que in a small building with a lot of character. $9-$16.
- Ria's Bluebird, 421 Memorial Dr SE, ☎ (404) 521-3737, . 8am-3pm. Hip breakfast restaurant, voted "best pancakes in world" by NY Times. $5-$13.