Five Points is the central area and referance point of Downtown Atlanta. The name refers to a point where five streets intersect, which are Marietta Street, Edgewood Avenue, Decatur Street, and two legs of Peachtree Street. It is also where the North-South Line and the East-West Line of the MARTA Rail intersect at MARTA Five Points Station. Underground Atlanta is located at the entrance of Five Points Station, and the World of Coke was formerly located there but was moved to the Centennial Park area.
All rail lines of MARTA stop at Five Points Station.
Entrance to Underground Atlanta
- Underground Atlanta, a historical shopping center with numerous shops, bars, pubs, and cafes. There are also a few monuments and statues in the lower level that give a piece of Atlanta history.
- The neon coke sign one block north of Underground Atlanta is worth looking at, and gives an update of time and temperature.
- Watch the Peach Drop at Underground Atlanta on New Year's Eve.
- Take a guided history tour in Underground.
- Go bar hopping in Kenny's Alley at Underground.
- Attend a music festival at Underground.
- African Pride, clothing, art, and charms store in Underground.
- Best of Atlanta, souvenir store in Underground.
- USA Boutique, Underground. Upscale urban clothing for men and women.
- There are several street vendors outside the Five Points Station. However, purchasing expensive items such as jewerly should be avoided, as the products may possibly be an immitation of an expensive brand.
- Irish Bred and Pub, Underground. Serves authentic Irish food to eat while drinking a pint of Guiness.
- Jamaica Jamaica, Jamaican Cuisine in Underground.
- Johnny Rockets, Underground. Burgers and fries (or onion rings) plus milkshakes.
- Tringali's, Itlalian cuisine in Underground.
Kenny's Alley in Underground offers a selection of bars, pubs, and nightclubs. Unlike the other nightlife districts of Atlanta, the bars at Underground remain open until 4 a.m. What is also unique is that you may bring alcohol from bar to bar, and you only need to pay a single cover charge for the entire complex.
- Banana Wind, home of the 32 oz. Cruzan Rum Bucket.
- Irish Bred Pub.
- Motion, large and upscale nightclub playing Top 40, hip-hop, and R&B.
- Red Cat Jazz Cafe (coming soon).
- The House Nightclub , errotic, risque and new age nightclub/lounge with a comfortable setting to make you feel like you are inside an actual house.
- Sugar Hill, live urban music.