Five Points is the central area and reference point of Downtown Atlanta. The name refers to a point where five streets intersect, which are Marietta Street, Edgewood Avenue, Decatur Street, and two legs of Peachtree Street. It is also where the North-South Line and the East-West Line of the MARTA Rail intersect at MARTA Five Points Station. Underground Atlanta is located at the entrance of Five Points Station, and the World of Coke was formerly located there but was moved to the Centennial Park area.
All rail lines of MARTA stop at Five Points Station.
Entrance to Underground Atlanta
- Underground Atlanta, 50 Upper Alabama Ave, . Housed entirely underground, this shopping and entertainment district is a bustling hub for retail activity during the day and clubbing at night.
- Georgia State Capitol, 214 State Capitol, ☎ +1 404 656-2844, . Native gold from Lumpkin County tops the dome of the Georgia State Capitol Building. This restored 1889 building houses a museum which collects, maintains and exhibits significant artifacts, including a priceless collection of Georgia's state flags.
- The neon coke sign one block north of Underground Atlanta is worth looking at, and gives an update of time and temperature.
- Watch the Peach Drop at Underground Atlanta on New Year's Eve.
- Take a guided history tour in Underground.
- Go bar hopping in Kenny's Alley at Underground.
- Attend a music festival at Underground.
- Rialto Center for the Arts, 80 Forsyth St, NW, ☎ +1 404 413-9TIX, . Georgia State University is the home of the 833-seat Rialto Center for the Arts. The venue is host to jazz music concerts and dance performances as well as performances by Georgia State's School of Music and the home of the Atlanta Film Festival.
- Theatrical Outfit, 84 Luckie St, NW, ☎ +1 404 577-5257, . Theatrical Outfit entertains their audience by producing classic and contemporary theater with an emphasis on work indigenous to the culture of the American South. It's also certified as the first "green" theater in the country by the US Green Building Council.
- VSA arts of Georgia, 199 Armour Dr, ☎ +1 404-221-1270, . A non-profit gallery and art space providing access to the arts for people with disabilities and those of low income.
- African Pride, clothing, art, and charms store in Underground.
- Best of Atlanta, souvenir store in Underground.
- USA Boutique, Underground. Upscale urban clothing for men and women.
- There are several street vendors outside the Five Points Station. However, purchasing expensive items such as jewelry should be avoided, as the products may possibly be an imitation of an expensive brand.
- Irish Bred and Pub, Underground. Serves authentic Irish food to eat while drinking a pint of Guiness.
- Jamaica Jamaica, Jamaican Cuisine in Underground.
- Johnny Rockets, Underground. Burgers and fries (or onion rings) plus milkshakes.
- Tringali's, Italian cuisine in Underground.
Kenny's Alley in Underground offers a selection of bars, pubs, and nightclubs. Unlike the other nightlife districts of Atlanta, the bars at Underground remain open until 4 a.m. What is also unique is that you may bring alcohol from bar to bar, and you only need to pay a single cover charge for the entire complex.
- Banana Wind, home of the 32 oz. Cruzan Rum Bucket.
- Irish Bred Pub.
- Motion, large and upscale nightclub playing Top 40, hip-hop, and R&B.
- Red Cat Jazz Cafe (coming soon).
- The House Nightclub , erotic, risque and new age nightclub/lounge with a comfortable setting to make you feel like you are inside an actual house.
- Sugar Hill, live urban music.