Centennial Park with CNN Center and Omni Hotel in background
The Centennial Park Area is a subdistrict of Downtown Atlanta. The area not only includes the park itself, but also The CNN Center, Phillips Arena, the Georgia Dome, Georgia World Congress Center, Georgia Aquarium, World of Coke, and a few other attractions. This area is heavily frequented by tourists as well as local residents.
The MARTA East-West Line stops at the Dome/GWCC/Philips Arena/CNN Center Station (W1). The park is also accessible by car from exiting Interstate 75/85 at Andrew Young International or Spring Street exits.
- CNN Center, One CNN Center, ☎ +1 404 827-2300, . M-Su 9AM-5PM (tours). The world headquarters of CNN shares the CNN Center with a large tourist oriented shopping mall and food court. Here you can eat food from around the world whilst watching CNN's multi-channel output to the world on large screens. In addition studio tours are available, which include demonstrations of the technology used and visits to viewing galleries overlooking the newsrooms and newsreaders of CNN, CNN Headline News and CNN En Espanol. $12 (adult); $11 (senior); $9 (child).
- Imagine It! Children's Museum of Atlanta, (at Pemberton Place next to Centennial Park), . M-F 10AM-4PM, Sa-Su 10AM-5PM. The Children’s Museum of Atlanta creates environments and activities where young children experience the power of imagination and the pure delight of learning with each other and with grown-ups. $11.00 (adult), Children under the age of 2 are free..
- World of Coca-Cola, 121 Baker St (next to the Georgia Aquarium), ☎ +1 404 676-5151, . M-Sa 9AM-5PM (9AM-6PM during Summer) Su 11AM-5PM.. The museum is largely dedicated to the advertising history of Coca Cola. Experience the reach of the world's most iconic brand in a new, highly interactive expanded space open in May 2007. $15 (adult); $13 (senior); $9 (ages 5-12); under 5 free and admission includes access to all exhibits and a commemorative Coke bottle). Booking online saves $1 as well as gets you a time slot due to increased traffic to the new exhibit.
- Georgia World Congress Center
- Centennial Olympic Park, ☎ +1 404 222-7275, . The focal point of the 1996 Summer Olympic Games, Centennial Park has now become the center for tourism. Georgia Aquarium, the New World of Coke, CNN Center, Phillips Arena and Georgia Tech are all in walking distance of the park. In the winter the park features an ice skating rink and in the summer there are free concerts.
- Georgia Aquarium, 225 Baker St. NW, ☎ +1 404 581-4000, . Su-Th 9AM-6PM, F 9AM-10PM, Sa 8AM-8PM. The largest aquarium in the world with over a hundred thousand animals in 8 million gallons of water. The Aquarium recently added a new swim and dive activity called "Journey with Gentle Giants." It is the only opportunity in the world to swim with whale sharks, the largest fish in the world. Adult $29.50, Children (3-12) $22, Senior (55+) $25.50; Journey with Gentle Giants $225.
- Atlanta Falcons at the Georgia Dome, . The Atlanta Falcons have created a host of exciting game-day experiences and affordable family ticket packages for the fans. The 1998 NFC Champions, the Atlanta Falcons, gear up each September to kick off the official season. The Georgia Dome  has hosted numerous events including parts of the 1999 Summer Olympics, Super Bowl XXXIV, the annual Chic-fil-A Bowl and the Sugar Bowl.
- Philips Arena, . Covering 4.4 acres, Philips Arena is Atlanta's state-of-the-art multi-purpose sports and entertainment complex.
- Atlanta Hawks (NBA), .
- Atlanta Thrashers (NHL), .
- Atlanta Dream (WNBA), .
- CNN Center, One CNN Center, . The atrium at the entrance of the CNN Center offers a few gift shops on the lower level. A great spot for buying souvenirs that display Georgia, as well as collectible figurines of your favorite Cartoon Network characters at the Turner Store.
- Luckie Food Lounge, 375 Luckie St, NW (across the street from the Georgia Aquarium), ☎ +1 404 525-5825, . 11AM - 2AM. This huge new restaurant features American cuisine, seven miles of LED lighting, a 600 gallon curved aquarium with rare species of fish, a sushi bar, rooftop sky deck, live music stage, and all-day dining.
- The Peasant Bistro, 250 Park Avenue West, ☎ +1 404 230-1724, . Part of the Peasant Restaurants, this older restaurant (by Atlanta standards) offers seasonal cuisine with continental influences in an intimate romantic dining room.
- Maxim Prime, 110 Marietta St, NW (inside the Glenn Hotel), ☎ +1 404 469-0700 (fax: +1 404 469-0701), . M-F 6:30AM-2PM (brunch), Sa-Su 8AM-2PM (breakfast) Su-Th 6PM-10PM; Sa 6PM-11PM (dinner). Restaurateur Jeffery Chodorow and Maxim magazine’s Maxim Prime is a modern steakhouse with a seductive twist. The lavish atmosphere and gorgeous roof-top bar provide accompaniments that are as tasty as the cuisine itself.
- Prime Meridian, 100 CNN Center (inside the Omni Hotel), ☎ +1 404 659-0000. Dine on local specialties (fried green tomatoes) or try one of their internationally inspired dishes, all while taking in a view of the Centennial Olympic Park.
- Latitudes Bistro and Lounge, 100 CNN Center (inside the Omni Hotel), ☎ +1 404 659-0000. If you're attending a conference, sporting event, or just taking in the downtown sights, Latitudes is a great place for meet-ups or night-caps. On weekdays they cater to patrons seeking coffee and pastries.
- Stats, . — 300 Marietta St. High-tech sports bar with 70 HDTVs to watch the game, and a rooftop deck bar which has a self-serving beer dispenser.
The Castleberry Inn Hotel, 186 Northside Drive SW, Atlanta, GA 30313 - 404-893-4663 - www.CastleberryInn.com - An affordably-priced boutique hotel, within walknig distance to many attractions - Georgia World Congress Center, GA Dome, and in close proximity to Georgia International Convention Center, Philips Arena, CNN Center, Centennial Park, Fox Theatre, Midtown, Hartsfield Airport and Peachtree Street.
Great location for Events, including: Atlanta Sporting Events - Atlanta Hawks, Atlanta Thrashers, Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons Georgia Tech, NASCAR and Atlanta Dream. Atlanta Entertainment Attractions & Venues - Georgia World Congress Center, Georgia International Convention Center, Georgia Dome, Philips Arena, Georgia Aquarium, World of Coke, Centennial Park, CNN Center, Atlanta Civic Center, Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre, Chastain Park, Fabulous Fox Theatre, Atlanta Symphony Hall, High Museum, Turner Field, Atlanta Motor Speedway, Bobby Dodd Stadium, Center Stage, Variety Playhouse, The Earl, The Masquerade, The Tabernacle, Smith’s Olde Bar, The Opera, Velvet Room, Atlanta Botanical Garden, Atlanta Zoo, Underground Mall and Lenox Mall.
- The Glenn Hotel, 110 Marietta St NW, ☎ +1 866 404-5366, . Sexy new downtown boutique hotel, within walknig distance to all the attractions in the Centennial Park Area.
- Omni Hotel at CNN Center, 100 CNN Center, ☎ +1 404 659-0000 (fax: +1 404 525-5050), . The hotel is close to major sporting venues (the Georgia Dome and the Philips Arena) and has a view of the Centennial Olympic Park. They also frequently host weddings.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!