| || |
'''Twelve''', an urban condominium style lodging that makes you feel at home. |+|
*an urban condominium style lodging that makes you feel at home.
| || |
Revision as of 11:17, 13 October 2008
Atlantic Station is a large urban renewed complex in Atlanta, directly northwest of Midtown. Opened in 2005, its property's location was once nothing more than an old steel mill, which a portion of it was preserved as a monument in its central park. This mixed-use development is one of the largest live, work, and play areas in Atlanta, and has even earned the motto "a city within a city", as well as its own zip code.
Atlantic Station is accessible by a free shuttle provided that departs from the MARTA Arts Center Station approximately every 5-15 minutes. The MARTA Bus Route #23 also serves Atlantic Station. By car, from Interstate 75/85 Northbound exit at 14th Street, from Interstate 75 Southbound exit at 16th Street, and from Interstate 85 Southbound exit at 17th Street.
- Millenium Gate — Replica of the Arc de Triomphe in Paris. Has an observation deck where you can enjoy a panarama of the entire Atlanta skyline.
- Former steel mill sculpture — Symbol of the old steel mill which was all that stood at that location not so long ago.
- Central Park — Small park in the center of the shopping district.
- TWELVE — Currently the tallest building in Atlantic Station, but may soon be overtaken by The Atlantic which is scheduled to top out in 2009 at 577 feet. TWELVE is a mix of hotel and luxury condominiums.
- The Commons — Center of Atlantic Station, has a lake with a steel bridge crossing it, which offers spectacular views of the Millenium Gate and surrounding high rises.
- Take a tour of the Millenium Gate, which includes the museum at the lower level, observation deck, and the Rhodes Robinson Room. Reservations are required by telephone at (404)881-0900.
- Take a stroll around the lake at the Commons.
- Bowl at the Ten Pin Alley, an upscale bowling alley which is also an eatery and lounge.
Atlantic Station shopping complex
Anchored by Dillard's and Ikea, shopping includes chain stores such as DSW, City Sports, Express, and Old Navy, as well as nani Sensorium. There is also the Taste Clothing Boutique, and White House/Black Market for women.
- Atlantic Grill, burgers, sandwiches, and salads in a comfortable, laid-back club-room style setting.
- Boneheads, Grilled Fish and Piri Piri Chicken in a Mediterranean style setting.
- Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro, great for a casual meal.
- Dolce Enoteca, contemporary Italian restaurant and lounge.
- Geisha House, traditional but modern Japanese restaurant ideal for sushi and sake.
- Rosa Mexicano, Spanish for "Mexican Rose", authentic Mexican cuisine, signature dish is the Guacamole en Molcajete.
- The Grape, excellent for wine tasting.
- PJ's Coffee and Lounge, gormet coffee and tea, as well as wines and cocktails.
- TWELVE — an urban condominium style lodging that makes you feel at home.