Athens is a small town and county seat of Athens County Southeast Ohio, best known for being home to Ohio University. The university was the first founded west of the Appalachian Mountains in 1804.
- Port Columbus International Airport (CMH), take US-33, approximately 70 miles, from Columbus.
SR 33 and SR 50 intersect at Athens.
- Athens is a small town that can be easily traversed by foot.
Arts and Culture
- The OU Bobcats compete in the Mid-American Conference of NCAA Division I-A College Athletics.
- Casa Nueva, 4 W. State St., . Great "Mexican" food, vegan and vegetarian options, dedicated to using local resources.
- Lam's Garden, 934 E. State St., (740) 594-4424 for takeout. Excellent American Chinese cuisine, the best General Tso's Chicken in the universe.
- Lui Lui's 8 Station St. Decent Asian and American fusion.
- Toscano's 4 Depot St. Good Italian food for lunch, has a nice and reasonable lunch buffet. Dinners are usually overpriced for the quality.
- The Oak Room 14 Station St. Nice small bar with OK food for lunch, dinners are overpriced. Has a nice selections of beers on tap for its size.
There are many bars on Court Street located near Ohio University's College Green.
- Burr Oak State Park Lodge
Bed & Breakfast
Go to Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh or West Virginia.