Astoria  is in the Oregon Coast region of Oregon. It is a small rainy town on the edge of the Columbia River and the Pacific Ocean. Possibly most famous for being the terminus for the Lewis and Clark Expedition, or the setting of Goonies, you can choose.
- Astoria Column Climb it.
- Fort Clatsop National Memorial Six miles south of Astoria on US101. The site where the Lewis and Clark Expedition wintered between 1805 and 1806. It features a museum and visitor center, historical exhibits, and hiking trails through wetlands. During the summer enjoy living history demonstrations.
- Astoria Sunday Market From May to October on 12th Street between Marine Drive and Duane Street. This market combines fresh produce, local arts & crafts for a lively outdoor experience.
- Drive around town and spot filming locations for various movies fillmed in the area. These include: The Goonies, Kindergarten Cop, Short Circuit and Free Willy. A free guide is available at the Astoria Chamber of Commerce, Visitors Center, Flavel House and the Heritage Museum.
- Astoria Riverwalk Walk or take the restored Trolleyalong the riverfront past many historical sites.
- Fulio's Pastaria & Tuscan Steak House, 1149 Commercial St., +1 503 325-9001. Quoted, "The Best Restaurant Between Seaside & Seattle" by J. Nicholas of the the Oregonian. Has a wide variety of entrees and appetizers to choose from. Delightful restaurant in a small town with a bit of an upscale feel, but very casual.
- Silver Salmon Grille, 360 12th St., (just off of Commercial Street in downtown Astoria). +1 503 338-6640. Very good restaurant. Very nice feel to the restaurant, and along with great food and service, while you are waiting for your food the table is covered with paper and is supplied with crayons for your enjoyment. Brings you back to feeling like a kid again.
- The Rose River Inn, 1510 Franklin Avenue, Toll Free: +1 888 876-0028 ,  The rooms are clean, nicely decorated, and comfortable. The owners are super attentive, from wonderful breakfasts, advice, and even freshly dipped chocolate strawberrys in the evening. They seem to like nothing better than cracking open a beer (or uncorking a bottle of wine) in the afternoon with their guests. $90-$150.
- Hotel Elliott357 12th Street. 877-378-1924 Newly renovated and situated in the downtown Liberty District, this unique hotel offers beautiful views of Astoria and the Columbia river. The hotel combines historical elegance with modern amenities.