Askøy  is an island in Hordaland county, Norway. Located directly north-west of Bergen, parts of the island functions as a suburb of the city. However, particularily the northern and western parts of the 30 km long island have beautiful rural landscapes, culminating in the small island community of Herdla, linked to Askøy by a short bridge.
Although most visitors stay in Bergen, there are a number of places to stay on Askøy itself. Most are rental cabins that are booked some time in advance.
- The Annex in Hanevik, Hanevik (Near the north end of the main ring road in eastern Askøy (FV 563)), ☎ +47 92 45 21 77 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . A rental cabin in north-eastern Askøy.
- Parken Hytteutleie, Hanøy, Hanøy (After crossing the Askøy bridge, follow the road straight ahead through the tunnel. When you reach the coast, continue for yet another short while.), ☎ +47 93 22 45 08, . Cabins for rent; south-eastern Askøy.
- Novasol, ☎ +45 73 75 66 11 (email@example.com), . The Danish holiday cabin company Novasol owns three rental cabins on Askøy; one in the south-western part of the island, one in the north-east, and the third in the north-west.
- Norgesbooking, ☎ +47 32 08 57 10 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +47 32 08 57 11), . Another cabin rental company, Norgesbooking owns two cabins in Askøy; both located in Hauglandshella in the south-west.
- Bøketun overnatting, ☎ +47 98 42 44 57 (email@example.com), . A small B&B (two rooms) situated in Ask (north-east). NOK 350 for the single room per night; NOK 275 per person for the family/double room (NOK 150 for children under 12 years of age; NOK 100 for children under 3 years). NOK 50 added if staying for one night only..
- Herdla Fjordhytter Laxeneset, ☎ +47 55 31 95 54 (fax: +47 55 31 97 93), . Cottages for rent on Herdla, a small island just north of Askøy. Prices vary..