Revision as of 17:52, 22 August 2007
Ashland is a city in Northwest Ohio. It is the county seat of Ashland County.
I 71 to SR 60, go NW.
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (IATA:CLE), PH:(216)-265-6030, []. Cleveland Hopkins International Airport is Cleveland's main airport, located on the west side of the city. The airport is served by most of the major domestic airlines, and it is one of Continental Airlines' three U.S. hubs as well.
- Ashland County Historical Society, 420 Center St. 1+ 419-289-3111.
- Ashland University, 401 College Avenue, PH:(419) 289-4142, .
- Ohio State University, OSU Extension, Ashland County, 804 US HWY 250 East, PH:419-281-8242, ].
- Ashland BalloonFest, PH: 419-281-1144, . Early July of each year. Hot air ballons fill the Ashland skies, event runs until after dark when they "light up" the ballons. Family event, food. Free admission.
- Ashland County Fair, 2042 Claremont Avenue, . Mid-September each year.
- Fin, Feather & Fur Outfitters, 652 US Rte. 250 E., PH:419-281-2557, (email: firstname.lastname@example.org), . Sports, camping gear. Very big place, worth the visit.
- Fitch Pharm Farm, 1591 Twsp Rd. 1353, PH:419-281-4407, (email: email@example.com),. Ohio maple syrup producer.
- Lyn-Way Restaurant, 1320 Cleveland Ave., PH:419-281-8911. A bit difficult to find, but worth the effort. Reasonable prices, daily until 10PM.
- Sorellas II, 1505 Claremont Ave., PH:419-289-6778. Italian family restaurant, great food. Reasonable prices.
- Mohican Resort & Conference Center, . Location:Southern Ashland County. Surrounded by 6,000 acres of Mohican State Forest and borders Pleasant Hill Lake. Hiking, swimming and boating are nearby. 96 recently renovated guestrooms offering a private balcony. The dining room is also open Sundays with a great buffet for $12.95. A Ohio Department of Natural Resources facility.
- Charles Mill Lake
- Loudonville Recreation area.
- Mohican State Forest
- Mid-Ohio Race Track
- Pleasant Hill State Park and Lake